Post your last gear purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does camera gear count? If so.

So now I my special savings account has been drained. I've looked at this a couple of times and finally got a deal I couldn't turn down. Sea & Sea MDX-RX100 housing, Sea and Sea YS-D1 strobe, arms, ball clamps and optic cable, Sony RX100 M, 2 extra batteries and charger, 64 gig card. The camera is ordered and will be here next week, the housing and stuff came home with me today. Once the camera gets here I will get it set up and couple it with the stuff I have for the GO PRO and get a tray for it. Probably replace the locline arms with solid arms and ball joints.

That should be a pretty good upgrade from my old Sealife DC800 I have been using. I am going to probably donate the Sealife stuff to the disabled divers through the shop. It's nothing fancy but it has served me well. Probably couldn't get much for it anyway.

Last edited:
I can't help idling thinking about DIY solutions to every problem. It's how I convince SWMBO that I have to keep a shop full of tools in the basement.

There has been a few threads on DIY harness rollers in the past. If you want more ideas UTD and AGIR makes something similar but uses a different method to supply adjustability.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2015 at 01:01 AM ----------

Received Kent Tooling sliders today. Installed one on left side, they are very well made and work as advertised. I've only installed on Drysuit rig as I find not needed diving wet as mobility is fine. I'd recommend them, for me certainly make getting in and out of harness with drygloves rings, shoulder dump etc much easier.

Did you need to swap out the webbing? I think Halcyon recommends changing the webbing.

There has been a few threads on DIY harness rollers in the past. If you want more ideas UTD and AGIR makes something similar but uses a different method to supply adjustability.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2015 at 01:01 AM ----------

Did you need to swap out the webbing? I think Halcyon recommends changing the webbing.

No, I didn't. Seems to work fine. I could imagine if your webbing was in really rough condition i.e fraying, torn etc that it may not work as well.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2015 at 05:26 AM ----------

I was going to buy the AGIR Harpa seeing as I have AGIR plates but it apparently cannot be used with their 6mm plate and I don't need it on my other plates as mobility is no concern. They say "cannot be used without modification" but don't say what that modification is. I did email Deep Ideas, a UK retailer, but they never replied.

5000 Lumen 3X CREE XM L2 LED Scuba Diving Flashlight Torch Waterproof Light | eBay

I haven't put batteries in it yet. I am still skeptical about the light output, whether it is really going to be waterproof, or even work at all. I have been warned about salt water entering the battery case and its affect on LiPo batteries. - But - I paid $22.50 including shipping. I have gambled more on less reward. We will see.

Dive Rite LX 20 Light, GREAT primary light....no more cans for me.

I just got my new drysuit in the mail.

Custom cut DUI FLX, tough duck chest/arms overlay, cordura leg overlays, Halcyon exploration pockets, Light Monkey unbalanced P-valve, e/o suit heater bulkhead, and kevlar overlays on the turbosoles.

WKPP 25th anniversary patch looks pretty good too!

zEDDQrgl.jpg

I also added a set of double e7-100s to the tank fleet this week.

I just got my new drysuit in the mail.

Custom cut DUI FLX, tough duck chest/arms overlay, cordura leg overlays, Halcyon exploration pockets, Light Monkey unbalanced P-valve, e/o suit heater bulkhead, and kevlar overlays on the turbosoles.

WKPP 25th anniversary patch looks pretty good too!

zEDDQrgl.jpg

I also added a set of double e7-100s to the tank fleet this week.

That's a very nice item to receive in the mail. Cool.

5000 Lumen 3X CREE XM L2 LED Scuba Diving Flashlight Torch Waterproof Light | eBay

I haven't put batteries in it yet. I am still skeptical about the light output, whether it is really going to be waterproof, or even work at all. I have been warned about salt water entering the battery case and its affect on LiPo batteries. - But - I paid $22.50 including shipping. I have gambled more on less reward. We will see.
I got the 8000 lumen 5X Cree light a few weeks ago. Worked fine for several dives in Hawaii. I really like the variable On/Off switch.

Picked up a Petrel 1 from a forum member. What a nice piece of gear.

Yep, I love my Petrels, going to buy a Petrel 2 this week I think when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom