Practice for DIR-F Oct 2-3 in Atami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJO

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are practicing for the November DIR-F courses this weekend in Atami and several are already signed up. Please join if interested - even if you have not yet decided to sign up for the DIR-F course.

Thomas

jagfish:
Sounds like a great idea...

Practice with Thomas and Eriko helped immesurably to prepare me for the DIR-F.

I agree with Jagfish we were buddies for the DIRF and we both did well mostly do to some pretraining from the JUE Atami branch :wink:

Yeah, but it didn't do much for your kneeling in the sand PADI fin pivot special! How the hell are we supposed to get our selves to do "demonstration quality" strokery? Note to self - try practicing these skills at 50 meters so the narcosis can take over and blunt the pain...

Henryville:
Yeah, but it didn't do much for your kneeling in the sand PADI fin pivot special! How the hell are we supposed to get our selves to do "demonstration quality" strokery? Note to self - try practicing these skills at 50 meters so the narcosis can take over and blunt the pain...

I think this type of arrogance really turns a lot of people off to the idea of DIR.

Hank49:
I think this type of arrogance really turns a lot of people off to the idea of DIR.

Hi Hank
It's probably hard to read into from the outside, but you are reading the banterings of the Zen Divers group. We all know each other and are joking around a bit. Nothing to worry about..especially here in our own private world of the Japan forum.

But thanks for the concern...hope to get down to dive your beautiful corner of the world someday...

JAG

Hank49:

Hank, why would you think anyone would care. I don't know you or care what you or others are turned on or off to, in your case you probably get turned on by little boys

Hank49:

The operative issue here is cognitive dissonance.

http://www.dmu.ac.uk/~jamesa/learning/dissonance.htm

You're stepping into an exchange between people who have a series of shared experiences. If you dove with any of us I think the last thing you'd see was arrogance.

dcpac:
Hank, why would you think anyone would care. I don't know you or care what you or others are turned on or off to, in your case you probably get turned on by little boys

I'm assuming you've read the other threads regarding DIR....like, is the name offensive. Many are offended by the very title. I'm not, and am interested in taking the DIRF course. Arrogant remarks like the one I responded to would probably not be appreciated by DIR instructors because of the potential business loss. It has a "I'm DIR so I dive better than you" sound to it. Even if you DO dive better ...so what? I had no idea he was joking and I'm sorry I stumbled into your little group.... but this is an open forum.
And dcpac...I think you need some anger management therapy. Get a grip.

Hank49:
I'm assuming you've read the other threads regarding DIR....like, is the name offensive. Many are offended by the very title. I'm not, and am interested in taking the DIRF course. Arrogant remarks like the one I responded to would probably not be appreciated by DIR instructors because of the potential business loss. It has a "I'm DIR so I dive better than you" sound to it. Even if you DO dive better ...so what? I had no idea he was joking and I'm sorry I stumbled into your little group.... but this is an open forum.
And dcpac...I think you need some anger management therapy. Get a grip.

Hey Hank...
I tried to be diplomatic about this the first time around. Yes, this is an open forum, but I think it is a rather implicit understanding that what is said within the regional forums is kind of a "turf" thing (as long as it fits into the TOS, which this does). If I don't like what I read in a regional forum that is clearly between people that know each other, I might make a mental note, but never comment. It's not really my conversation for the reason that Henryville noted (though in intellectual terms that went just about over my head...).

Regarding Dcpac. I don't think you want to go there. We keep him in the cellar dressed like the gimp and toss him scraps of meat now and then, but you really don't want to get into combative discourse with him. It won't be pretty and there's nothing to gain from it, I promise...

JAG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom