pretty basic wetsuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so i was just wondering if your wetsuit is suppose to go inside you gloves and boots or vice versa? i was sitting down to put my gear on today and was just confused as could be lol :D

I usually put it inside, never really thought too much bout it tho. It just goes on inside because i put in on before the gloves and boots heh

I put suit over the top of my boots (as most do). Gloves on the outside (as most do). The gloves on the outside can vary a bit. If you have thin gloves, might be more comfy to have under the suit. If you have thick gloves with a gauntlet they might have to be on the outside just by design.

Boots under the suit and gloves over.

And the why for boots inside the suit is to prevent them from becoming sea anchors.
I've gone both ways on gloves, depending on the glove.

Boots under (especially for those who pee--and that's not me). I put my reef gloves and 5 fingered 7 mil gloves over the wetsuit. But in winter (water temps. mid/low 30s F) I put the 3 fingered mits under--seems to help a bit with the cold.

ok awesome, thanks everyone. ive never felt so stupid just sitting there and looking at my wrists and gloves thinking what should i do lol, ill have to remember now next time im out there.

There are absolutely no stupid questions when it comes to Scuba!
Get Wet

There are absolutely no stupid questions when it comes to Scuba!
Get Wet

I'm glad you said that, because I am wondering how wearing boots outside the suit is a sea anchor. I wear boots inside my suit. I always have water in the boots at the end of the dive. How would boots outside the suit be any drier?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom