Pri 2nd stage and octo connections to 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, had a question about regulator connections.. I have a Mares Prestige 12 and when I received it first the primary 2nd stage was already hooked up to the DFC port of the 1st stage. I realize that DFC stands for "Dynamic Flow Control" but is it essential for the Primary 2nd to be connected to it?

I had to move things around a bit due to a more comfortable configuration when hooking it up on the tank... the way I have it now, I removed the Primary 2nd from the DFC port and it and my octo are connected to regular LP ports above the DFC port. I have closed the DFC port. This way I have my Pri-2nd, octo on the right and the guage, LPI on the left diagonally and it's easier to hookup and store.

Any drawbacks to doing this?

There will be a slight reduction in breathing performance, but I seriously doubt if you could notice a difference. The DFC port does demonstrate less intermediate pressure drop on an ANSTI Breathing Simulator, but a human would be hard pressed to verify the change.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Back
Top Bottom