Pro Dive USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QLittlestar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone know about this school in Ft. Lauderdale? Has it been closed down? I have been looking at their site for a couple of years, only to not find it anymore. When I tried calling them, the number I had been given by the operator was only a fax number. I had always heard good things about them. That would be a shame.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Q

Yes, they closed shortly after a key instructor died during a (non-training) rebreather dive. There was a pretty insightful thread about this several months ago, read the link in post #7 of that thread.

While it's true that Pro Dive closed in February 2008, it has now been re-born under new ownership and will be fully operational later this year. The closing of Pro Dive earlier this year had nothing to do with the tragic death of one of the Course Directors in November 2005. Pro Dive is now in start-up mode, and the number to call is 800-PRO-DIVE.
- H. Kelly Levendorf
Chief Business Development Officer
Pro Dive International

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom