Problem supplying lights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long do you think one should wait for the light to arrive after an order is placed?

If the question was directed at me ...? I'd prefer it to show up at my doorstep just minutes after I hit the "Pay" button. I was describing myself in my previous post - hence the smilies and all that.

Realistically though: in general I would prefer a national distributor to have product available for shipping, so that my wait on relatively low volume "specialty" items is limited to drop-ship (ground shipping) time from distributor to me - so 5-7 business days or less depending on locations. Or at worst ship time distributor-to-shop-to-me.

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

that is exactly my wish, but it needs time for evolution.
Please dont forget: we are no industry company, we are a small manufacturing for extraordinary solutions made by handwork!
But you can see, that my way is honesty - i hate any kind of dishonesty in business

Michael

Michael

Not accusing you of dishonesty - just trying to find out why it was not possible to deliver a light in 3 weeks time.

Very frustrating as a customer!!

Henrik - I agree with your assessment - it is what I would expect. Even coming from Germany, it was promised in 14-17 days, at worst. So something in the system is broke - BAD!!!

The shame is, if X1 light had worked as described - I probably would have bought 2 VB50s as video lights.

Michael: I understand the limitations of a small upstart company, and appreciate all the information and your candor with me.

TN: I understand your frustration - you had it all planned out with what you thought was plenty of time for things to happen. I know from shipping things to/from EU, that US (and EU) customs work entirely on their own schedule and really don't care how desperately you need the item they're holding up.

I don't know what your timeframe is, but if you haven't given up entirely, Jakub at Golem Gear might have the X1 in stock?

Hopefully these new LED lights will be hugely successful and Golem Gear will be able to stockpile plenty of lights for immediate shipping within the US :)

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

that is exactly my wish, but it needs time for evolution.
Please dont forget: we are no industry company, we are a small manufacturing for extraordinary solutions made by handwork!
But you can see, that my way is honesty - i hate any kind of dishonesty in business

Michael

Unfortunately my window is now closed - I leave this evening for the trip I was buying the light for.

If I had known earlier that I might not get the light from the dealer I bought it from, I could have tried to get it from Golem Gear or someone else. But I kept getting strung along with assurances that I would get it in time - until it was too late to try another source. Not saying that this is MBSub's fault totally - but when you sign up dealers who do not stock the product and things like this happen - you can't help but feel that the manufacturer has some culpability in the failure.

So, I guess I will find another light and then consider other alternatives for my future light needs.

You know what bothers me even more - nobody - not my dealer nor MBSUB has said "I'm really sorry about this" - they just have reasons/excuses that blame someone else - i.e. - US Customs, DHL, UPS, etc, etc, etc. Reminds me of the Congressional hearings on the Gulf Oil Spill - none of the executives wanted to admit any blame - they just pointed fingers at each other. :wink:

We normally stock all MBSub lights.
Due to unprecedented demand for the VB-50 lights we sold them out very quickly.
All other models are in stock.
I ordered a new batch in time but unfortunatelly shipping/customs delays pushed delivery after the Holiday weekend.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

In the future we will try to better serve your "instant gratification" urges. :)

Last edited:
We normally stock all MBSub lights.
Due to unprecedented demand for the VB-50 lights we sold them out very quickly.
All other models are in stock.
I ordered a new batch in time but unfortunatelly shipping/customs delays pushed delivery after the Holiday weekend.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

In the future we will try to better serve your "instant gratification" urges. :)

What is the current plan for having them in stock?

-- possible customer . . . .

To be fair how can any company control customs? It is very random how they seem to take their time on some things and others are not delayed at all. I have shipped thousands of items to the US and several countries in the EU and have experienced shipping times for the same item to the same country vary from 2 days to 6 weeks.

I tried to wait, with the hope of getting a VB-50, but just bought a Dive Rite one instead. At least they are made and serviced in the US and there is no waiting at customs. Sorry MB Sub/Golem Gear, but you have lost this customer.

Back
Top Bottom