Product Development Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello I would like to know How can I contact a product development manger for your company I would like to present a Utility Patent for review by your company and to see if they would be interested in adding this patent to their portfolio. Thank you for your time.

Send me a PM with your full contact information.

Thanks,

I am wondering when the Icon HD is going to be available with air intergration. I am to understand by the website, that it will be autum 2010, however, it was supposed to be 2009, then spring 2010...when is it really?

The reason I ask is I am new to the sport and am looking into getting a computer. I want an air integrated system and do not want to have to buy an additional item, if I can get it all in one. I like the Icon HD, but at the moment I would also have to buy something else to monitor the air. Then when it finally comes out, I spent the money for no reason. Any help or ideas?

Thanks

Dave

dave, this is a great computer. i'm patiently waiting for the air integration to become available. when it does, you take your unit back to where you bought it, pay a nominal cost for the transmitter and mares will send you a brand new unit with a transmitter. once that is done your total cost will be comparable to the higher end computers out there. i.m.h.o. i would wait until the transmitter is available.

zak, please correct any errors.

Tardmaster.

I am wondering when the Icon HD is going to be available with air intergration. I am to understand by the website, that it will be autum 2010, however, it was supposed to be 2009, then spring 2010...when is it really?

The reason I ask is I am new to the sport and am looking into getting a computer. I want an air integrated system and do not want to have to buy an additional item, if I can get it all in one. I like the Icon HD, but at the moment I would also have to buy something else to monitor the air. Then when it finally comes out, I spent the money for no reason. Any help or ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Tardmaster. I do like the computer. If I get the one now...I dont have anything to keep track of the air, so I would have to buy it. Then when the new upgrade comes out, I would have to buy that as well and the other air system would be bought in vein. I would like to buy it all at once, but am not sure when it is coming.

Thanks for the info and thought about the computer.

dave

Hey Dave,

I understand your concern, but I will ALWAYS dive with an analog pressure guage and you can pick those relatively cheap. Too many things can happen to cause a computer to malfunction. It may be redundant, but i would rather be safe than sorry. Plus, i think with the transmitter, you will have the option to monitor a buddy's air pressure (provided they have a transmitter).That is a big selling point to me because i dive with my wife and, after this weekend, my ten year old daughter will be certified. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks Tardmaster. I do like the computer. If I get the one now...I dont have anything to keep track of the air, so I would have to buy it. Then when the new upgrade comes out, I would have to buy that as well and the other air system would be bought in vein. I would like to buy it all at once, but am not sure when it is coming.

Thanks for the info and thought about the computer.

dave

Dave,

I agree with Tardmaster. A analog gauge is a must have. Don't bet your life (running out of air or knowing your depth) on a wrist computer. They do malfunction and at the worst time. I love my icon hd and I am looking forward to the air integration as well but I did not let that stop me from the purchase. Good luck with your evaluation.

Naboo

Totally agree that you should always have a backup pressure gauge. Was diving with a guy I got paired up with. He was diving for the first time on his air integrated computer with no backup. Either he didn't know how to use it, or it malfunctioned. He stupidly decided to continue the dive. At 84 feet he completely ran out of air. For the few bucks it costs, always have a backup.

Ok...I will definately get a backup. Thanks for all the feedback. Now....what about when the air integration is coming out? Any ideas more than the fall?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom