Project Argonaut, totally new, vintage style DH regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prototype 3D printed DSV.

I tested it the pool last Saturday. I am very pleased with how it works.

DSCN1996_zpsign7h5oz.jpg

DSCN1994_zpsxg7omlri.jpg

Last edited:
​thats just cruel (broken link to pictures).......

I am not following you. What broken link are you referring to? I can see the pictures from several computers, even if I am not logged in.

:confused:

I am not following you. What broken link are you referring to? I can see the pictures from several computers, even if I am not logged in.

:confused:

Luis,

It's very odd, but your two pics in your post show up as broken picture link icons (instead of pictures). When I log on the VDH site, though, then I can click these links and then see the pictures.

And when I logged on ScubaBoard (to make this post), the broken link icons became pictures.

rx7diver

Luis,

It's very odd, but your two pics in your post show up as broken picture link icons (instead of pictures). When I log on the VDH site, though, then I can click these links and then see the pictures.

And when I logged on ScubaBoard (to make this post), the broken link icons became pictures.

rx7diver

Thanks

I just figured out the problem. I will try to fix it.

Added this after dmoore19 post:

How is it now? Can you see the pictures in post 291?
Sorry about that.

Thanks

Last edited:
For me, there are no pictures.

Here are some more pictures and a repeat from above.

DSCN1996_zpsign7h5oz.jpg

DSCN1994_zpsxg7omlri.jpg

I tested hose weights in a few different locations.

I also tested the mouthpiece in the close position to check how tight it is. It was totally bubble tight with over 12 inWC air pressure inside of it.

Notice the hose routing with the different weight location. In salt water the buoyancy is 2.5% (of the total weight) higher which I am taking into consideration. I am not intending to make it perfectly neutral, just close.

DSCN8389_zps1cnqj4wv.jpg

The DSV is closed in these pictures and the tank valve is open.

DSCN8391_zpsmnswpeo1.jpg

The red rings are also weights, but they are very narrow, not enough weight.

DSCN8394_zpsq3r0yyzp.jpg

I over-weighted myself (with two weight belts) so that I could use the bottom as a hard point of reference and keep the depth constant. I also over-weighted the cylinder.

DSCN8397_zpsnqbsrt8g.jpg

I was testing the set-up in many position's, but when I was taking notes, I had to set the tank down on the bottom.

DSCN8399_zps4atwuxif.jpg

I just used Velcro straps to hold the weights for some of the testing. This is just temporary to adjust the hose trim in any position.

DSCN8402_zps45nl8npg.jpg

The operation of the DSV is very smooth.

Also this regulator is tuned and the performance is outstanding. I will expand more on this subject later.

This mouthpiece has flow performance improvements that I will explain later. It is designed specifically to complement and enhance the high adjust-ability and performance potential of the ARGONAUT.

I just figured out the problem. I will try to fix it... How is it now? Can you see the pictures in post 291?

Yes, now I can. I signed off both ScubaBoard and VDH and cleared out my cache. I can see all the pics in posts 291 and 297 without being signed on anywhere. (Safari on a MacBookPro running MacOS 10.10.5.) Thanks.

Yes they are there now.

Thanks!
Thanks

I just figured out the problem. I will try to fix it.

Added this after dmoore19 post:

How is it now? Can you see the pictures in post 291?
Sorry about that.

Thanks

Beautiful and impressive work. It seems 2016 will be yet another double hose banner year. That will look great wrapped in my VDH technical hose covers I seem to be in possession off somehow :eyebrow: . N

Back
Top Bottom