PST LP80's Fill Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is hiding behind some kind of DOT red tape that they say allows them to say the overfill capacity, but with the non overfill pressure in their advertising. Personally, I have contacted the Attorney General in Wa. state and am going to file a complaint, based on false advertising. At 3000 psi, the difference in capacity between what they lead you to expect(80 c.f. @2400psi), on their decal, and real life(80 c.f.@ 2640) is approx. 9 c.f.; in my situation, with doubles, that's an 18 c.f. difference, enough to cause potential problems when planning gas consumption. I talked to PST today about this situation, and they could care less if they mislead anyone, stating that what they are doing is per DOT regs.

The tanks are 80 c.f. @2640psi.

I doubt you will get anywhere with it. They will just say its an industry standard thing.

Its like computers and harddrives. Everyone knows

8 bits = 1 byte
1024byes = 1 kilobyte
1024 kilobytes = 1 megabyte (2^20)
1024megabytes = 1 gigabyte (2^30)

So there fore 1 gigabyte = 1,073,741,824 bytes.

But when a harddrive manufacture says its harddrive is 1gb (ok they don't sell them that small anymore but I'm trying to make the math easy ) they really mean its 1,000,000,000 bytes which is nearly 7% smaller then the true technical definition.

Take away formatting waste and your drive is even alot smaller yet we don't complain because a) most people dont understand and b) harddrives are generally bigger and cheaper then the previous models so we just go along with it.

...nothing will probably happen, but they(PST) were so snotty on the phone, with some lame logic to support their advertising the overfill capacity of the tank, while stating the std. fill pressure; that I couldn't let it go. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom