Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like the attachments include testimony from some kind of legal proceeding, but I don't see anything in your posts or the attachments identifying what legal proceeding that was.

If some court ruled someone violated a law, yes. Otherwise, you're accusing someone of violating the law. That's beyond just giving out "information."

Has there actually been a ruling?
These are all factual public documents. Do you not believe that individuals have the right to review informational facts to make educated decisions about their personal safety. We are discussing life support equipment. This is not a new topic in the dive industry or SB just a more informative release.

So carbon dive sells a hoop wrapped cylinder marketed to divers for a purpose that is not compatible with the intended service of the cylinder? Color me shocked. And that's OK, but what Add Helium did was not OK? Color me even more shocked.
I think it's similar to how you can buy parts separately that you can combine yourself into a firearm that is illegal to sell pre-assembled.

These are all factual public documents. Do you not believe that individuals have the right to review informational facts to make educated decisions about their personal safety. We are discussing life support equipment. This is not a new topic in the dive industry or SB just a more informative release.

I think posting the documents is fine. But you went beyond that and accused someone of violating a law--doing something "illegal," as you put it.

So carbon dive sells a hoop wrapped cylinder marketed to divers for a purpose that is not compatible with the intended service of the cylinder? Color me shocked. And that's OK, but what Add Helium did was not OK? Color me even more shocked.
Let me clarify before anyone jumps to conclusions. Carbondive produces a cylinder in Europe. These cylinders for the purpose of Scuba can not be Imported for the purpose of sale in the US as Scuba tanks and are not approved by DOT. You have to use the described import walk around to get then in the US. Which as you pointed out is exactly what AH did.

So @DEEP BLUE CCR is it correct to say that whatever was done was not "illegal"--it hasn't even yet been ruled a violation of DOT regulations?

I think posting the documents is fine. But you went beyond that and accused someone of violating a law--doing something "illegal," as you put it.
There is no statement that anyone violated the law. just the simple statement that filling these tanks is not considered legal in the US. There is no blame its just a simple safety warning for users of the product. Accompanying information is so each individual can make a informed educated decision. If your perception is that there is a notorious or secondary agenda that is not the intent of the release.

So again, what are these tanks used for if they are not suitable for diving/filling? You can say they are for filling up balloons with helium, but I'd find that a bit odd being that AH is a dive shop.

There is no statement that anyone violated the law. just the simple statement that filling these tanks is not considered legal in the US. There is no blame its just a simple safety warning for users of the product. Accompanying information is so each individual can make a informed educated decision. If your perception is that there is a notorious or secondary agenda that is not the intent of the release.

In Post #3 you called it an "illegal product."

In Post #3 you called it an "illegal product."
To answer your question. Do the carbon fiber tanks which information was provided have DOT stamps? Osha 1910.42 the rest is all your personal position on the matter. I will say it again, this information was released to allow individual to have access to additional facts that were previously discussed on SB and within the dive industry.

So again, what are these tanks used for if they are not suitable for diving/filling? You can say they are for filling up balloons with helium, but I'd find that a bit odd being that AH is a dive shop.
What the tanks were manufactured for and used for are arbitrary. The facts have been presented so that individuals can make educated decision on their personal safety if using the these specific tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom