Puerto Galera advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVEDDS

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am planning on spending a week in Puerto Galera late August before a liveaboard. I am looking for an upscale room near Sabang for convenience but far enough to not be bothered. An all inclusive resort is out, I am not a herd animal. I also don't want to be treated like one by the dive operator. I am an experienced diver.

I would really appreciate any recommendation on where to stay and who to dive with. I haven't been there before.

Atlantis, La Laguna Beach Club, or Asia Divers......and there ya have it.

+2... maybe 3... on what BabyD said...:coffee: And all 3 have very good dive operations.

Atlantis, La Laguna Beach Club, or Asia Divers......and there ya have it.

upscale resort near sabang but not too noisy, sounds like Out of the Blue Villas to me. best rooms in the area. problem is they dont have a dive op. love their new resto Veranda. great view, nice bar and great food. they even serve wagyu steak.
i dove with seariders last week. that dive op may not be the ritziest but it has great service and they will customize dives for you if you tell them what you want and dont want. they are also great spotters of tiny critters if you got the photo bug.

Out of the Blue will hook you up with Atlantis. El Galleon / Asia Divers is pretty good but watch out if you get the room facing the sea above the Point Bar...it can be a little noisy if there's a party going on - which is nearly every night :D

and if you're looking at having happy endings you can go to......never mind.

Yes, Out of the Blue Private Villas gets my vote. Dive ops downstairs are Action Divers and Sea Riders (run by pinoys, good price too).

Hi my name is Janiva, I am a scuba travel wholesaler with Island & Cruise Adventure
We specialize mainly in the South Pacific and Southeast Asia.

I see that your looking into going to Puerto Galera. I would recommend El Galleon Dive Resort. They are the owners of Asia Divers and is just a good solid dive facility. They are also very used to experienced dives and are flexible. The rooms are also very nice.
Pretty much exactly what you're looking for.

If you need any help with booking your trip or have any questions on diving in the Philippines, please let me know and I'll be glad to help you out
Thank you
Janiva
Janiva@IslandCruiseAdventure.com

Accomodation is all on the strip. We stayed at Portofino...a bit pricey but nice enough. I would recommend not booking an operator as there are about a Gazillion along the strip (all Puerto Gallera is is a strip,...not even really a road). Just head down the beach around 7ish and take your pick. You can see what kind of op they're running from the look of their op. Have fun.

Action Diver do offer a nice package together with Portofino.
The dive shop is right next to the resort.
Simon Birtle(instructor) has been around......

my vote goes for asia divers/el galleon. stay in a pool side room and there are no noise issues. besides that you don't need to claim lots of stairs after your visit to the point!!!

asia divers operates bankas which in my opinion are much more confortable, rather than single hull boats.

and on top of that the action in sabang is just a good around the point ;-)

liveaboard in august in the phils? sure hope there is no typhoon comming in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom