Puerto Rico suggestions???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh well. I'll just have to come back sooner than next Christmas for my dive. Disappointing because this was my first time diving after certification. To the zip lines!!!!!!

Felicidades

SW in La Parguera Looks good today and Sunday. I will be there on Sunday diving..........

SW in La Parguera Looks good today and Sunday. I will be there on Sunday diving..........

Looks can be deceiving concerning weather, one hour it can be really nice and the next hour is rough. The last time I was in La Parguera that happened 1 dive was nice, second dive we had a hard time getting into the boat due to rough seas. Have to be careful, I always look at the weather before any dive.

Bhtmec2, The last 2 pics are for you. :) Merry Christmas O.M.

Attachments

• saturday.png
    saturday.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 75
  • sunday.png
    sunday.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 59
  • monday.png
    monday.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 54
  • tuesday.png
    tuesday.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 57
  • wednesday.png
    wednesday.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 61
  • fe_225933101_thumb.jpg
    fe_225933101_thumb.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 76
  • carmel3143_418308636_thumb.jpg
    carmel3143_418308636_thumb.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 68
I dove the 28th in La Parguera. We arrived late Monday and Paradise and West Divers were all full. On Tuesday morning West Diving put a boat together jsut for us (4 divers, 4 snorkelers) and took us to some nearby reefs. I really appreciate that they did this at the last minute for us. We had a great time with Danny and Ranier.

Visibility on the first dive wasn't great, but I am a rookie and appreciated the opportunity to just get wet and try out some skills. Second dive was better. We didn't do the Wall (snorkelers) but out dives were to 50 -60 ft. Again, just right for me. I'll be ready for the wall next time.

So, in my opinion West Divers really came through for us and did a great job too.

I have heard lots of good things about West Divers, they are on my list for this month review. I am glad W.D. was able to get your group in the water, last month Blue Water Scuba closed their La Parguera location and now you have Paradise Scuba & West Divers in La Parguera and in Guanica, the next town sharing the same water hole is Island Scuba, that I have dove with them before but not reviewed yet, they are top notch also. I do not have nothing bad to say about the boat ops on West Puerto Rico.

They are very professional and courteous with their clients. Always trying to help he divers like what W.D. did with you guys, renting a boat to take you out and get wet.

KP3S, I totally agree and will look forward to you other reviews. I've been travelling to Puerto Rico for 25 years, but am brand bew to diving. Now I have another fun thing to do there. Maybe diving will keep me out of the lechoneras a bit. I notice my clothes always get smaller when I go to Puerto Rico. :D

The only small negative I can say about La Parguera is that it has become very touristy in some respects. The first time I went in 1984 it was a a very sleepy little town. A couple of Paradors and a colmado. It's a lot different now. Fun, but different.

I saw Rafael from West Divers in the Cafe at Supermercado Perez #2 when I was there last week. I asked him about the bad air from last year and he was very apologetic. I may use them for my next trip. They are the only shop in La Parguera that has nitrox. That's a big plus when diving the wall. Yes, the town is a bit touristy in the sense of the souvenir shops and trinket tables. But....many of the tourists are actually islanders who come down for a day or two. The economy in La Parguera is a bit shaky. Several stores have closed down over the years (including the Mexican restaurant that I really liked) but others have reopened. For a bit of variety, head down the back roads to San German, Cabo Rojo, or Joyuda. Or, Ponce is an hour away and well worth it.

Subscribing for future information.

Boqueron is a cool town to visit in that area too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom