Puget Sound Class for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerome O'Neil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My sister just came back from Hawaii and did some skin diving while there. She was completely stoked about it, and now wants to get certified. She's been looking for instruction for women, or something women focused. I don't know if anything like that exists (I'd be surprised if it didn't) but I'd like to help her find something that works and get her into the water ASAP.

Anyone here know of such an instructor, class, organization, etc that they'd recommend?

I think a private course for a group of women is possible. I'm assuming you want a woman instructor as well. I'd suggest calling different shops to see who can accommodate. If you were willing to make the trek to Vancouver BC, there is Liz Tribe who is highly regarded. I've met a few women instructors here and there, but don't remember for which shops they teach. Unfortunately, there are no women instructors at the shop I teach for (Bellevue Underwater Sports, not sure about the other locations).

I hope you find something useful from this.

I'm assuming a woman instructor for now. NAUI's search capabilities are weak. PADI's aren't much better. Is there a way to check UWS' instructor roster?

I'll get back to you. Is it just her or a group of women. Having a woman instructor is obviously possible. Just to have only women in the class may be more difficult to arrange, unless she has some friends that want to get certified with her.

It would probably be just her, so a woman instructor is probably the best way to go. She's in Puyallup, too, if it matters, but can travel.

Thanks!

It would probably be just her, so a woman instructor is probably the best way to go. She's in Puyallup, too, if it matters, but can travel.

Thanks!
Just sent an email to 4 of the stores to see. I'll post once I get a reply.

Exotic Aquatics in Winslow is owned by a woman named Pam. She's pretty good at working with female students. She's the one my GF (now wife) got certified with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom