Pull Dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal:
:D :D :D Typical for this board. I even did the worse - I made a comment on camera rig and laying at the bottom. I've just re-read the original question and my conclusion is the same as yours: he was probably refering to central position of elbow (like Halcyon wings).

If thats the case. Then the question does belong here. My bad!!

Well, if you guys ae correct and the question was about the location of the inflator hose connection to the bladder, I can answer the question.

It presents no problem, it's above the plate and even with the tank mounted quite high (I run my tanks high for valve access) I've never had a hose rounting interference.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Well, if you guys ae correct and the question was about the location of the inflator hose connection to the bladder, I can answer the question.

It presents no problem, it's above the plate and even with the tank mounted quite high (I run my tanks high for valve access) I've never had a hose rounting interference.

Tobin

I agree. Never had a problem myself with it and I run my tank on the higher side to.

Ya...he probably was more interested in the central location. It sounds like he is new to wings and is probably used to seeing a more left shoulder orientation and the central spot just looks different to him.

OTOH, we probably don't even think about that as we are pretty much used to that location as being 'normal'.

Tobin by the way. The angle compass mount is awesome. Lowered the profile of my compass alot. Thanks for a great product. Jason

Stephen Ash:
Ya...he probably was more interested in the central location. It sounds like he is new to wings and is probably used to seeing a more left shoulder orientation and the central spot just looks different to him.

OTOH, we probably don't even think about that as we are pretty much used to that location as being 'normal'.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Stephen Ash:
It's very likely that the original poster was actually just wanting to know about the "center" location and was using the term "pull dump" loosely to refer to the connection between the corrugated hose and the wing. We just fixated on the pull dump thing.

to me the question made sense since I noticed that there is little play where to vertically position a wing with center connection, if one uses a pulldump vs. an elbow.
The pulldump sticks out quite a bit more, and as I mentioned, does touch the first stage. But it works just OK (at least with my rel. small Poseidon 1st stage)

d-s-f

deepseafalcon:
waiting for "prey".
d-s-f
This can be achieved without laying at the bottom. How about better bouyancy control?

MonkSeal:
This can be achieved without laying at the bottom. How about better bouyancy control?
what does buoancy control have to do with anything here. I'm alway shocked that people think that you can't touch anything while diving. as long as it's a sandy bottom, have at it. silty bottoms are a different story

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom