Pumpkin Carving Dive at Gilboa Oct 28, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber, Thanks for hosting a great party! It was nice to put faces and street names to the avatars on the board.

Who received the most votes in the contests? (Everyone who participated was a winner and the only losers were those who did not attend!)

D'oh...sounds like a great time was had by all. Becky and I would've loved to have been there, but aside from temperature and budget concerns, we were also getting all my shiznit moved to Lima. :)

BTW, Sledge...that's an awesome avatar from a great show!

Great pics Marcin! Most of my underwater ones didn't come out, the flash didn't fire--GRRRR! I'll post them as soon as I get a chance to shrink them a bit.

We had enough prizes for everyone to get one :D First place costume was the Lion followed by the thong which proves divers are a twisted bunch :rofl:

First place pumpkin was #9 and I believe NotsoKen and the lion tied for second. I don't have my sheets here at work so I'm working from memory.

Glad everyone had fun! We could have done without the hail and the 50mph winds that tore up tents but we still managed to have fun!

Thanks to everyone who came and brought food and dove/hung out/helped fix windblown tents/etc. Having a group like you makes all the work of putting this together worth it :)
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber, I grabbed one of the extra pumpkins before I left. Maybe later I'll post pics of its encounter with my Ruger 10/22 :D

Sledge:
Did we dive the same quarry? :confused: Now if you dove on Friday, like I and riff-raff did, then I'd completely agree with you. But vis for my first dive on Saturday hanging decorations on the platform was poor and vis for the carving dive itself was awful.

But guess that's all relative if you're at Gilboa often :D

Right. I'm not at Gilboa frequently. My prior dives there were when throngs of divers were in the water, and we were silted out a few times. Good for me means I can kick without a deathly fear of plowing into something before I can stop or turn.

Sledge:
Ber, I grabbed one of the extra pumpkins before I left. Maybe later I'll post pics of its encounter with my Ruger 10/22 :D

Cool! I took 2 home, that's all that would fit in my car with all that stuff I had in there. The rest are probably still there :)
Ber :lilbunny:

MarcinK:
Here are some pictures http://e-czarny.com/gilboa
It was a great idea and lot of fun.

Marcin

Great pictures, thanks!

Also, I do have to let John and Cheryl know that John was right when he said he saw something rectangular fall off me during the carving dive. It was a weight pouch, explains the little episode of loss of buoyancy control. Discovered it missing while suiting up for the night dive. And John, Marcin FOUND the weight pouch - during the night dive! Great find under the conditions we had! (night, pitch black out, with <10 foot visibility!)

Had a great time!

Suzanne, if you're reading this, I now have a set of my own UNO cards, got them as the prize for my pumpkin! So, now we are definitely set for the re-match! (And I can read the rules to see which of us was right about after the draw two card . . . .)

Ken

Watch out for Trucker Girl in Scubuno, Ken...she's devious... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom