Pumpkin pics from the u/w carving!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just hate diving in it! The only good part is getting out and being dry of course that depends on whether the suit keeps the water out! Guess I've done too many cold wet dives, I still prefer to dive that way. I don't usually get too cold on the surface, I make sure I bring enough other clothes to prevent that. The guys were teasing me saying you can tell when Ber gets cold, she starts taking off her clothes! Really it just looked that way! OK I admit that usually I would say something like "I'm freezing" and start removing whatever I was wearing but that's just so I could switch to my next warmer outfit!

I don't have to do that when diving dry though unless the suit leaked.

Looking forward to Gilboa even if it's a training dive with the dry suit with an attitude!
Ber :bunny:

Perhaps you should take another drysuit class. There is a guy that hangs out at Joe's that would be happy to help you.

Chad

It's the dump valve I have trouble with. When I get to 16 feet the thing wants to shoot me to the surface. If I grab ahold of the ascent line, make sure I'm vertical and my arm is in the proper position my sleeve fills completely with air. A few little bubbles come out the valve. No matter what we do with the dump valve the air won't come out of the sleeve until I've ascended to 2 feet below the surface then the thing just blows out like crazy emptying the sleeve. Wondering if the valve could be faulty under pressure. Otherwise I don't have any problems with the suit. I have a witness to corroborate the dump valve misbehavior.

I was just joking about the guy that inflated my suit and tried to send me to surface to show me how to use my suit. I am sure he would help you with the suit.

:)

Chad

My neck seal has never been trimmed but it's too big so air doesn't stay in my suit very well if there's a lot of it. Usually it just burps out the collar and lets water in behind it. When I get the collar folded under just right it doesn't burp unless there's a lot of air in it which I don't do. So the sleeve fills up and the dump doesn't work right forcing me to open the neck seal in an emergency.

I have mastered the swimming upside down thing though. Had an issue with that for a while! Now I wear a velcro strap under my knee so the air doesn't get into my boots!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom