Pumpking Carving Contest (Pumpkin)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
About a month ago JBD brought up the idea of a Pumpkin Carving Contest the last weekend of October at Falling Rock Park, A.K.A. Joe Clark's Quarry. I discussed this with Joe over the weekend and he seemed to like the idea. .

Time Limit huh? Don't know! I'll talk with JBD about it since it was his idea.

on your pumpkin as long as you like or until you are to low on air to continue safely. I would really like to see this done while neutrally bouyant and not finning or this will become a very low viz pumpkin carving contest--know what I mean Vern??

LOL. Or you could use a platform or a rock to hold onto for leverage to carve that pumpkin.

from Mr. Ber Rabbit for the pumpkin carving event. Apprently pumpkins are VERY bouyant and it takes quite a bit to sink them. We need to keep that in mind.

The neat idea was that once the pumpkins are done we should place red cylume sticks in them and line them up UW and then do a tour past them. That sounds like a good idea to start another dive.

I would really appreciate more ideas on things to do for this Halloween dive weekend.

Everyone should come prepared to share ghost stories around the camp fire.

Chad

JBD...bring your camera! Those pumpkins all lit up underwater will make some cool pictures!

jbd - Dawn and I would like to come down for your "punkin" dive. Is the where and when nailed down for sure or not? And where is Cerulean, is that the jellyfish lake we went to last year?

Welcome Scott glad you finally joined us online.

We are doing the Halloween dive at Joe's in LaGrange on October 26. I think most of those who come will be camping and diving the next day as well.

I hope you can make it. Maybe JBD won't get too cold to continue this time.

Cerulean is in Western KY.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom