Purge cover/Service questions for Atomics Z1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melloyello

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The purge cover on the Z1 became brittle and fell apart into a dozen pieces. Looking for advice on where to find a replacement.

Anything to look out for when servicing the Z1? It appears to have the old style piston (pre-2002).

Thanks all.

Diveseekers has or will get everything you need, the Z2 purge cover can replace the Z1 and when you buy the upgrade jet seat kit you will have a Z2.

Atomic makes what they call a color kit for all their regs. They run about $45 and contain a Purge Cover, Adjustment Knob, and Exhaust Deflector. Get one of those. If you want to be really cheap send me PM and I will check my bench as I may still have a old Z1 cover. I'll send it to you for the cost of postage and a beer.

Service kits for the old style piston (basically the HP seat) are not available from AA anymore. Some dealers may still have them. Otherwise the piton upgrade kit runs $70.

Back
Top Bottom