Q for Toronto divers/internet users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get the same thing here in Ottawa. Strangely enough, it doesnt seem to affect ontariodiving.com, or TDS as those are where I switch to when SB doesnt fire up correctly.

Yeah, OD works fine for me too at home. As do all of the other (but much smaller) discussion boards I belong to. Just SCUBAboard acts up. If I remember I'll try accessing SB via a proxy webpage (you know, the guys you can use to access facebook at work - not that any of us would ever do a thing like that). Maybe that'll fix the problem.

Bryan

Looks like its rogers. Last night I couldn't access SB via rogers directly, but by logging in through a free proxy server (YouHide.com - Anonymous Proxy Server) I was able to access SB just find - albeit somewhat slowly. I had a second window open, in which I tried to connect to SB directly at the same time, which wasn't connecting.

I'm not sure why rogers would block SB, but it looks like they are doing so.

Bryan

PS: For anyone wanting to use the above service to access SB, make sure you deselect all of the checkboxes first; other wise the log-in cookie will not work.

I would contact their tech support and ask why. There's certainly nothing in the content to justify blocking.

Back
Top Bottom