Query on diving gear online shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use LeisurePro for accessories, computers, anything made of neoprene.

I use Dive Gear Express for almost everything else but have occasionally used DRIS, Piranha, and Northeast Scuba Supply. They all have good service.

The only things I buy locally are air, instruction, and hydro tests.

Good to know that LeisurePro does return shipping on their dime for sized items - I did not know that! Thanks for sharing and for the OP on asking a great question.

I also had a great experience with DRIS - I called to ensure that something would ship on time before I left for a trip and they were super helpful.

Bought nearly all my gear from leisure pro at Christmas shipped to Australia. No dive store locally at the time(one opened recently). Could take advantage of fit guarantee due to international shipping but their sizing guides are accurate if your measurements are accurate. Only gear I bought in a store was mask while on holidays. Only thing I wished I had checked better before ordering was snorkel and smb but got both very cheap on sail and smb while do the job and the snorkel will be great for snorkeling just too big to hang off my mask diving which was hard to tell in photos.

I've had awesome dealings with Dive Right In Scuba (DRIS) and have bought a lot of stuff from them. One of the things I like most about them is they actually know and are familiar with the products they sell and they have good prices. Check themy out www.diverightinscuba.com

Something to add...DRIS is an actual brick & mortar dive shop in the Chicago burbs. Here is the awesome video tour of the shop that Mike the owner posted fairly recently.

Scubatoys is a huge Dallas dive shop in addition to an online store too. It's got a little indoor pool for training. I was told it was supposed to be bigger, but they hit a spring while excavating it and the city made them stop digging.

I've used scuba.com on many occasion for a lot of soft gear, their return policy is really great and no hassle with exchange (Scuba Gear at Scuba.com). For hoses, regs, etc. as stated above Dive Gear Express.

wow, appreciate all the recommendations flying in. I have done some research on the some travel light BCDs(mainly the Cressi's Scubapro's and Aqua Lung's). Is there any model in the market that provides good storage pockets(need it for knife, torch, "divers beware") but still design for travel in mind?

Also, I do have my eyes on a SEAC SUB NICK BCD. Seems like there aren't many reviews on this model. Anyone used this BCD and kind enough to share their experience? Same for the Aqua Lung Zuma. Anyone care to share their thoughts?

Last edited:
I have found the SEAC BCDs of recent to be put together very shoddy. Stitching comes out and the BCD basically comes apart right before your eyes.

I have found the SEAC BCDs of recent to be put together very shoddy. Stitching comes out and the BCD basically comes apart right before your eyes.

Really? Ah back to the drawing room for me.

some of the travel models have bigger pockets but to me look bulkier though I've not seen them in real life.

http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/bcs/products/go.aspx
http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/bcs/products/equator.aspx
Stiletto BC

I've owned a Stiletto - managed to cram an XL into a US legal carry-on (22x14x9) but there wasn't much room left over for anything else. Plus the pockets are outside of the weight pockets so the usefulness depends on how much hard weight is behind them.

Another option if you like one of the ligher travel BC's is to add a pocket. DGX sells some options - most either mount to a horizontal strap or through an extra grommet hole if the BC has one. BC Accessory Pockets | Dive Gear Express®

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom