Question about Indonesian phinisi boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard that about Arenui so it always put me off. I think they are the only boat to set up that way. I've been on Damai and Siren and they both have dive deck at the midships or bow and everything was always accessible. Samambai has that style too and most other Phinisi boats I have seen whilst out on the seas have the dive deck towards the bow, excepting Amira which has everything at the stern, though friends who were aboard last year informed me the dive kit was always accessible to them.

I was under the impression people chose the Arenui for being the pinnacle of luxury rather than for its dive layout. Now I feel better that the Arenui is beyond my budget.

Please also consider the impact on the forests of Indonesia.

Hard not to agree with Indah. It appears to be a bit out of hand.

. . . Along with this, there was no reasonable way to analyze your own Nitrox tanks. . . .

I had missed this tidbit when I read your post yesterday, and the possibility of that issue occurred to me later when I was thinking about this thread. Wow. That is a major--and to me, unacceptable--flaw in their system/layout.

There are several Phinisi we know, first is Cajoma Indonesia. the Phinisi made by handcrafted with iron wood & teak. They have many options of luxury phinisi that can suit with the diver needs. In one of their phinisi, they have upper deck with Jacuzzi for you to have stunning sunset, they also have a suite room with private balcony. with Cajoma Indonesia you can enjoy the charm of a traditional boat combined with the comfort of a modern one. Here's the pictures of Cajoma IV Indonesia:

mv_cajoma_iv_phinisi_l.jpg

mv_cajoma_iv_phinisi_1_l.jpg

mv_cajoma_iv_phinisi_5_l.jpg

mv_cajoma_iv_phinisi_6_l.jpg

The second Phinisi we know is Kireina Phinisi. Kireina is a brand new phinisi that just finished their construction in 2017. they would be sailing in Komodo Island on September 2018, and will be sailing in Banda Neira on October 2018. Kireina is traditional wooden phinisi boat. Here's the picture of Kireina:

12.png

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Kireina have the diver's platform at the back of their phinisi, its the closest way to get to ocean without making yourself wet.

fe.png

if you want to take a look more of other Phinisi and diving package in all around Indonesia, you could check it on our Apps, here's the link: http://onelink.to/fq7bkx

Regards,
Team E-Nyelam

I would be very interested to read what the owners did to compensate for all the trees that have been cut to build these boats. Sort of book-keeping. So many trees cut and that amount of trees planted.

I would be very interested to read what the owners did to compensate for all the trees that have been cut to build these boats. Sort of book-keeping. So many trees cut and that amount of trees planted.

While patiently waiting in Labuan Bajo, I can see about 40+ liveaboards waiting for supplies and divers. Many liveaboards boats are wooden Phinisi designs. High quality first growth forests are mostly located in protected areas of western Kalimantan. Between 1985 and 2002, these carbon-rich forests have declined over 56%. Since 2001, forest cutting in Borneo has substantially increased.

Team E-nyelam, what's the food like?

Back
Top Bottom