Question about Indonesian phinisi boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air Con has been a long discussed topic. Personally, I prefer temp of 26*-27*C is best for my ears for long trips.

I am firmly in the middle now. I definitely seek aircon, yet after living here for the better part of two years, here I am in Bali sitting on my back porch at 28℃ and feeling just .. a .. wee.. bit ... cold? Is that what I feel?

- Bill

I am in Bali sitting on my back porch at 28℃ and feeling just .. a .. wee.. bit ... cold? Is that what I feel?
I feel you

It's 35C here today, feels nice after the 40-50C of the summer

I went to Komodo a couple of years ago, got on board and changed into my dive robe (towelling beach robe) Someone laughed and reminded me it was 25C - My response was that 25C was half the temp of the Dubai summer where I'd just come from. They shut up.

Enjoyed thread - very serious and very funny. Thank you Indah for your comment about timber. Things to know/questions to ask when choosing a liveaboard - or a resort for that matter. We can support by requiring the appropriate information. As for quality - I always email some questions eg water temp etc, partly because I want to know but mainly to judge the speed and quality of the response. No response = no booking.
As for building more dive phinisi and over-supply - just look at the ships moth-balled in the Lembeh Straits. Although what they will do when they get moved I don't know as they seem to be the essential ingredient for the biggest and boldest mandarin fish. I guess they'll have to put some kind of floating pontoon there to maintain the semi-shade gloom that the fish thrive in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom