Question about Jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as a new diver doing a flutter kick in Jets you'll really work your ankles and leg muscles - took my legs/feet a couple weeks to get used to them, but worth the effort.

They really start to shine doing Frog, reverse and helicopter kicks - Some also like the fact that they are negative for helping to trim out, others find they need more weight up "north" and need less bouyant fins (or more lead by the tank valve/cam bands if available)

btw - if you found them to be small they might have been medium or large Jets as both are quite short. XL and XXL Jets are several inches longer.

fin8.jpg

Aloha, Tim

All I can say Is I tried them when I was in the service back in 92 a buddy of mine Naval Diver swore by these when I tried them never went back to any other fin. I got the springs for them for the extra comfort I do mostly warm water dives not that much equipment and still love them.

Well, I finally got my Jets with spring heels and dived with them over the weekend. What can I say but: I LOVE THEM! Man, everything you guys say about it is true. I usually pack a pair of lightweight fins for tropical diving (although I have a pair of splits) and it just doesn't give me very much response when I frogkick and does absolutely nothing for me when I try the helicopter kick. Now, I'm able to frogkick very comfortably, and I get a really superb response when I do the helicopter kick.

Next step: finding the reverse gear

ianr33:
Ever tried swimming backwards in split fins?

Yes done that,been there and no problems,what's the point :D
Same goes with the sidekicks/frogkicks no problem,but you have to work on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom