Question about Leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, I called LeisurePro to ask some questions about a couple of items. I got a very rude person on the phone who answered very shortly and obviously did not want to bother to help me.

It just reminded me again why I deal with my Local Dive Shop - they need me to stay in business.

By the way, I was ready to buy with a credit card in hand - but I couldn't find the product. Scuba.com had helped me, but they didn't have it. ScubaToys didn't even answer my email (maybe they will Monday morning) so I didn't call them.

When I go to my LDS on Wednesday, I'll show them what I am looking for, they will look all over the place for me and order it. I will pay more than on line and it may take a little longer, but I'll have personal service. And they are the warranty representative.

You know that LP sells factory seconds and that most companys do not honor warrentys on equipment sold through LP, right ? (and god help you if you need to return something...)

While we do sell the very occasional used/refurbished item, they are clearly indicated as such. Also, anything that doesn't carry the original manufacturers warranty carries our own warranty, which is typically equal to if not better than the manufacturers warranty.

Today, I called LeisurePro to ask some questions about a couple of items. I got a very rude person on the phone who answered very shortly and obviously did not want to bother to help me.

It just reminded me again why I deal with my Local Dive Shop - they need me to stay in business.

By the way, I was ready to buy with a credit card in hand - but I couldn't find the product. Scuba.com had helped me, but they didn't have it. ScubaToys didn't even answer my email (maybe they will Monday morning) so I didn't call them.

When I go to my LDS on Wednesday, I'll show them what I am looking for, they will look all over the place for me and order it. I will pay more than on line and it may take a little longer, but I'll have personal service. And they are the warranty representative.

Could you please email me at the email address in my signature with details so I can pass it along to the right people?

I'm in Oregon too and I hope this is just a case of different pace of life (something my sister reminds me of since she's transplanted to NYC), but the only way we can improve on this is through feedback.

I just read your bio and saw you were trained through ESDS, I took all of my training through Master Instructor there and ran the LCC program. If that's still your LDS, consider yourself lucky and give them all your business. Their service, knowledge and involvement in the community makes their below-average mark ups worth every penny.

I've returned two wetsuits to LP. Both times it was a size issue. The first time, the wetsuit was too small, so I simply followed the return instructions, shipped it back and ordered the larger size. Having learned my lesson, last time I ordered a different suit but in two sizes, kept the one that fit the best and returned the other. Good time saver although it means you'll definitely be sending something back.

Both times LP accepted the return and credited my credit card--just like they said they would.

I've also talked to a sales rep or two there a couple of times. They were nice enough, helped me out and their NY accent was a hoot.

Just my experience.

Just so everyone knows, LP replied with a PM right after I posted this, I thank them for that.

I bought my 1st and 2nd stage from them and they were very helpful with getting it shipped to Canada the most economical way.

If I had a LDS I would support them. The closest dive shop to me is over 5 hrs away.

There is a shop in Edmonton that that I deal with when I can but they are not a Dive shop. They sell anything associated with water and their dive gear is a very small part of that.

While this is unfortunate, you could call any company and get this same rude person at any given time. I have called LP with technical questions about gear I was thinking about buying and had good experiences. If this only happened once I would hold judgment before condemning them. This is just my 2 cents.

often people from NY are mistaken to be rude cause they talk fast and w/ that NY accent.

it took me a while to realize I was misreading them

often people from NY are mistaken to be rude cause they talk fast and w/ that NY accent.

it took me a while to realize I was misreading them

No, that was not what was happening. I have bought from LP before and "used my home as a dressing room" and have had excellent service before. I don't know what it is of late, but I have had problems the last 3 calls I have made to LP. Maybe because I'm looking for little items (that can't be found at my LDS) and they really don't want to bother. However, Nick (Oregon rep from LP) did get me a email response and I found what I was looking for, even though the rude/did not want to help me guy said they didn't have it.

About the NY/NJ accent - I've bought all kinds of stuff over the years from NY/NJ - telescopes, cigars, boat parts, etc.

By the way, LP's site has not been working for me when I get to checkout. :) I guess I'll just call. I wish I could find who helped me with my hooded vest last year - he was really good. It's just that if you find yourself not wanting to call because of a string of rudeness, but have to call because you can't find it somewhere else - well there's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom