question about spirit of freedom /cairns liveaboards to GBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi just a question. Regarding carrying gear onto the aircraft to spirit of freedom, do they actually check your baggage weight? because it says 20KG and i may be a few over as I'm taking my gear up.

Hi just a question. Regarding carrying gear onto the aircraft to spirit of freedom, do they actually check your baggage weight? because it says 20KG and i may be a few over as I'm taking my gear up.

Yes, they actually weigh it. That's why they offer you the option to leave excess stuff behind at their office while you're out on the boat.

Looks like I'll be wearing the same clothes the whole trip lol.

honestly no-one cares what you're wearing! everyone is too tired at the end of the day.

I think i packed (for the short cod hole trip) underwear, 2-3 pair of boardies and 4 or 5 tee-shirts. no socks/shoes just thongs (flip flops/jandles whatever they're called in the US).

other than that, a light water proof jacket a light jumper and maybe a pair of jeans which i didn't wear.

everyone was dressed in a similar fashion. those that had what I'd call dress shorts only had one pair, all but 1 person wore tee-shirts the entire trip.

my gear is heavy (13.5kg without camera+strobe) and i was well under on total weight. Mike Ball also weighed my dive/clothes bag but i believe did not weigh my back pack with my camera gear.

Same. I pack a couple of bikinis, a couple of pairs of board shorts, 3-4 tshirts, a light jumper and toiletries. That, plus dive gear, plus basic camera gear comes in around 18kg. If you're doing the fly-dive itinerary, you're only out there for 4 days, you don't need that much stuff.

Back
Top Bottom