Question about using AI on DG03 to monitor son's air preasure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably the same reason I monitor his assignments on a daily basis. I think that and him working hard is why he has a 4.0 GPA. :wink:

Ya, I will be right next to him, and thought the same thing to myself. I think it is just the ability to let him do his thing without bugging him, yet still know he is ok.

Scuba ain't school. He has to do school. He doesn't have to do scuba.

If you cannot trust that he is ready without micromanagement, then he is not ready - or you are not ready. You can encourage safe behaviour without this level of scrutiny, which screams mistrust. A diver needs to learn self-reliance, even in buddy or team diving. This won't help.

Hollis/Oceanic/Aeris, and Scubapro (Galileo), had to remove their 'short range' buddy monitoring due to patent infringements.

Currently Liquivision is the only company with a license to sell remote air monitoring. Plus the Liquivision Lynx allows you to monitor 9 other divers up to 330ft/100m away, which is much more useful than the 5-6ft range of the radio transmitter computers. However being able to monitor other divers' air is no reason to become separated from them, and you should still use ordinary good diving buddy practices.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Back
Top Bottom