Question for the Playa crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beyond_Diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since I find myself out of work for the next few weeks (less i hope), some of my recently unemployed buddies asked me to take them in the caverns.. so my question is does anybody know where I can rent tanks (1 set of doubles + 3 singles)? any input would be very much appreciated... and before I get flack about this, yes, I am a full cave diver, and my 3 buddies are OW instructors (only taking them into the cavern, not the cave). thanks!

e

HEY BRO HOW ARE YOU, ARE YOU LIVING IN PLAYA, WE DO HAVE SOME PEOPLE, AND IF WE NEED YOU I WILL CALL YOU, YOU STILL GOT SAME CELL? THERE IS A GREAT PLACE,IT IS CALLED AIRE PURO, you gotta take the main street that takes you to the bus station IN PLAYA, 3 blocks from the highway to the right go about one more block you will see a big 'PUERTA' PORTON THE DOOR IS BROWN. IT IS WHITE WALL IT IS THE ONLY BIG DOOR ON THAT STREET YOU GOTTA RING THE BELL NO SIGNS they will get you doubles and singles or whatever you need.
I don't have a number for them but I am pretty sure you will find it if not ask around that street everyone around knows it AIRE PURO.
HOPE THIS HELPS HAVE A GREAT TIME AND HOPEFULLY SOON WE CAN RAISE ENOUGH FUNDS TO GET TOGETHER WITH BEN FOR A COUPLE OF BEERS.

Gracias Miguel! I am still living in Cancun, but since I haven't really got much to do these days, i figured I'd take some of my buddies diving in the caverns. I'm down if you guys ever need anything, you got my number (same one). and hey, there's always enough funds for a couple of nice frosty ones (you hear that, Ben)!

Hey if you are on the federal highway coming from Cancun take a right on Juarez into the Ejido. Take your first left and go all the way down to the end of the street and Aire Puro is on the right side, it has a white garage door. We use them and they are great, really good air. Here is their number, 984-803-9169 ask for Ross, Goyo or Doug (the owner). Take it easy and happy diving.

You can check with CUZEL, that's who we use. Their number is 984-840-9000. No idea about prices though. They are just south of Playa right on the highway. Have fun! I'm jealous, I could use a little time off right now but with one manager on vacation, I get to keep working the shop while hardly anyone stops by....... its like watching paint dry....

Its ridiculous 450 for twin al80's. Ill give the other place a call. I think i know where that one is (just south of ponderosa) and ask them. Thanks for the info Sofia. And hey, if u want time off, ill work the shop. Im sick of not working( and its only been 3 days so far) haaha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom