Question re: GoPro LCD Backpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people just like to strap on their GoPros and keep them running the whole dive. For these types of shooters, the LCD BackPac is useless. However, if you like hand-holding your camera, starting and stopping to shoot specific "clips", and framing your shots (especially shooting 16:9 aspect ratio), you'll love having a BackPac.

I always use it for shooting under water with my Hero2, and I feel I've gotten much nicer, more "composed" video because of it. Your battery will drain a lot faster when you use it, however.

I have a different view on this.. I start record once I get in... And use the LCD to frame certain things I want.. Maybe because I have a still camera... With that I reference what still I taken with which video I want from the Gopro ...

It's all up to everyone how they want it to be configured...

What Ill be doing is attaching my gopro to the uw photo rig and frame it via the wireless app to film what the uw camera shoots before I get in. That way I can keep shooting stills while the gopro film the same thing. Ill just do what I do on my rc planes/copters and use the wireless app to frame it up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom