Questions about building my own spool.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope this isn't going to start another pissing contest. :rolleyes:

I didn't reply to DIR Tec Diver initially because he seemed condescending but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But you bring up some good points. Afterall, most things were done DIY at its inception. Irregardless, this thread is about making spools, not the individual abilities of those on Scubaboard to fabricate. Or whether "Doing It Your Way" results in the death of scuba divers. This thread is located in the DIY category .... I wonder if you (DIR Tec Diver) have posted the same thoughts on all the posts in this group, pointing out how DIY-ers kill scuba divers? (that was in jest :))

EDIT: After doing a search of his recent posts ... it turns out that he has :eek:

Im sorry I got on my soap box...but....anyway I meant to supply this link...

http://insel.heim.at/malediven/350052/english.htm

Its a good start with some good base plans...

In regard to my previous post I wasnt trying to be a big meanie, but the wrath of god "your gonna die" post really torqued my Speedo...couldnt stand idle....sorry.

:spaninq:

ScubaToneDog once bubbled...

In regard to my previous post I wasnt trying to be a big meanie, but the wrath of god "your gonna die" post really torqued my Speedo...couldnt stand idle....sorry.

:spaninq:

LOL .... that's funny stuff. Thank god I don't wear Speedo's, I'm a swimming trunk wearing kinda guy :)

No worries ... I actually agree with you, which is why I didn't reply to him earlier - I think I would have ranted and possible torqued my swimming trunks .... ah, that doesn't quite work, does it? :). And now that I've read some of his other posts I'm convinced that he's truly been assimilated by what he thinks is DIR. Or possibly its an occult where he was taught?

And thanks for the link, lots of good stuff on there. I've got things planned out, just need to program the mill for the holes. I'm going to start with a 'prototype' and see how it works out before making several more for myself, my wife and some friends. I purchased a long 3" diameter delrin rod .... you should see the looks I get as I carry it around, especially when I tell them I'm making something for my wife and me :)

You should have added " I hope it will stand up to prolonged abuse".....hahaha

:wacko:

Because DIR Tec Diver is a PRO!:poking:

ScubaToneDog once bubbled...
You should have added " I hope it will stand up to prolonged abuse".....hahaha

:wacko:

LOL! :D

westcoastdiver - I wouldn't worry about it too much. The way I look at it he's welcome to share his opinion on things, but it doesn't mean that I have to respond to them. He may only come across as being "closed-minded" communicating through a keyboard ... again, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt :rolleyes:

Pessimistic
Reclusive :poking:
Optimist

Or just a plain old shirt starter (remove the r from shirt).

Just wonder what the results are...
thankx !

Back
Top Bottom