Questions about Roatan diving and resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Handy,
According to the email I got from FI, the $699 price was for Feb. March is $799. The 16% tax is additional.

Also, I would not let the folks at FI, touch one of my regs. If you know a reliable service tech, it's best to have your reg serviced before you leave. If an emergency arises when you are there, I would take it to Coco View.

I stayed at the Luna Beach Resort three weeks ago. IMO would be a great place for divers and non-divers. Beautiful resort with a nice beach with good snorkelling. A good dive op. A 10 minute walk down the beach to the West End and a short cab or water taxi to West Beach. Lots of choices in accomodation.

Appreciate the comments, and advice. Guess I'll look on the board for someone to fix the regulator.

If you are there April 18th through 29th look us up we'll be there. You don't need any medical release, and if Robert can't service your regulator he will probably get the parts elsewhere and take care of it for you

Haven't booked yet, hoping to go in April.

A big question for you - do the non-diving wives like to snorkel or any other water sports? If they don't, then maybe Roatan is not a good destination. It is very rustic, all over the island, and may not be comfortable to some. I personally love it, but I know people who would hate it.

robin:D

I will be staying at Infinity Bay the second week in June. Will be diving with Bananarama, looks like solo (buddy bailed out). Wondered if there will be any SB folks doing the same. Could use some partners.

Looks like I will be leaving the wife (non-diver) and 6 year old son behind during the morning dives. I am sure that they can enjoy lounging at the resort during the dives.

Hi folks,
Not sure if the wives would be occuppied at T.I., they are at least 40 minutes from the main area on the island to go shopping. You can check out Guava Grove, run by Dive Professionals who are very well connected in all areas of Diving. The property has a swim up poolbar with restaurant , 3 minutes to West End for the ladies to shop, close to a spa for treatments and the house at Guava Grove can outfit all of you for a week at $850. + taxes.
You can google it and will be the first to pop up.
Weather is fair in April, summer heat hasn't started yet and it is still fairly dry so you should get alot of sun but there is never a weather refund guarantee :)

Just to add a bit of info here, non-divers at FI can access any and all of the island activities from the resort. The only problem is you have to pay and get driven there, which takes time and jacks up the price. If the non-divers are beach lovers and will be happy tanning and bathing, they have a decent beach and pool for that and it could be ok. But not much else to do there. If you think the hassle of organised activities to get off the resort will be a problem, definetly go to west end!!!!! It's not worth it!!!!!:D If they'll be happy frying in the sun, FI could be OK!

For the reg, I wouldn't even ask the FI dive shop to fix my octo holder!!!!:rofl3::rofl3: Send it in tio scubatoys. They are tops...:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom