Questions about Scubapro's MK2 PLUS & R190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had an MK-2 as a dedicatd pony bottle reg. It doesn't get a lot of air through it, but on the other hand, it has been diving in saltwater most weekends for like 5-6 years with ZERO- i mean ZERO attention, I have much more trouble with leaks from the higher end scuba pro regs that have swivels on them. I soak it in a bucket of freshwater for 20 min to 3-4 hrs after each day of diving,, that's it.

Another vote for "that's a great reg"... I own 4 Mk2/R195s for deco regs. I will say switching to them at 210' takes a little more effort in terms of breathing than the Mk17s I use for back gas, but that is to be expected at that depth. Also really easy to break down and rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK2's are dirt simple with only one moving part, two o-rings, a spring, and a high pressure seat.
The first time I tore one down I thought I must have dropped some parts on the floor, I couldn't believe how stupid simple it was.
With practice I'll bet it wouldn't be too hard to put a kit in one blind folded.
I don't use mine much, but I used to use it all the time in high 40's low 50's water no problem.
It cracks me up how the dive shops charge 65.00 for the service and 45.00 for the kit.

MK2's are dirt simple with only one moving part, two o-rings, a spring, and a high pressure seat.
The first time I tore one down I thought I must have dropped some parts on the floor, I couldn't believe how stupid simple it was.
With practice I'll bet it wouldn't be too hard to put a kit in one blind folded.
I don't use mine much, but I used to use it all the time in high 40's low 50's water no problem.
It cracks me up how the dive shops charge 65.00 for the service and 45.00 for the kit.

The old Aqualung Aquarius is even easier. You just need a pick and a screw driver to disassemble it as the yoke was built into the body.

The old Aqualung Aquarius is even easier. You just need a pick and a screw driver to disassemble it as the yoke was built into the body.
I had one of those too. Yeah you're right, that one wins the award for the simplest single hose reg ever.

---------- Post added May 6th, 2015 at 09:10 PM ----------

What's the difference between a plain MK2 and a MK2 plus?
Or is there any.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom