Questions about Villa Las Anclas and Villablanca, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking at mid-September for a week. I guess I've walked by Las Anclas every day for two trips before, but didn't pay much attention. I stayed at V.Blanca once and liked that okay - in the Superior rooms anyway. I'm easy enough to please with soft beds, clean rooms, basic needs, but I have a few questions...

Villa Las Anclas

Hotels.com has it listed at $54 with Air Conditioning (Kayak failed showing it at $60 - how rare), with AC and other appealing amenities.
I don't want to shop & cook tho. Do they have breakfast, or at least generous amounts of coffee in the lobby?
What about bottled water for the room? I'll probably get a coffee maker anyway.
Are the rooms spacious? They look nice, but maybe cramped?
What are the front desk hours?

thanks

Villa Blanca

Kayak has it at $47 (beating Hotels.com at $57) - nonrefundable, or Superior for $57 (beating Hotels.com again at $84). In room safe is extra?! 19% tax?! They do include free bottled water; last time I grabbed a 5 gallon jug off of the rack. :)
Breakfast is not listed. Is it still included?

thanks

DandyDon-- check this place out. I will be there for the 3rd time next weekend. Staying 9 nights, killer breakfast included, all taxes included- right downtown- 1/2 a block from the water-- rooftop swimming pool overlooking the water and sunsets: Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Cozumel - Mexico
Paying $500 for all 9 nights and breakfast and taxes.

It's been a REALLY long time since I stayed at Villa Las Anclas and it's changed ownership since then. I really liked it though although I think I paid about double what you are being quoted. There was water in the rooms, it was really, really clean and quiet, The rooms were very spacious - two stories with a kitchen/living area on the main and bed/bath on the top floor. Very steep stairs up to the rooms if that is an issue. There was no breakfast provided. Beds were "firm". But like I said, it's been more than a dozen years since I last stayed there so much can change. But I really liked the place and the owners were charming.

Did you see their webpage? Our Facilities - Hotel Villa Las Anclas It says there is coffee provided and water is (now) located at water stations. I forgot that it had only 7 rooms. That was part of its charm for me.

Last edited:
We will be there for 5 weeks May/June. Doug is a great owner and Karla a wonderful manager. The location is absolutely perfect for walking to every great restaurant, 1/2 block from Tres Pelicanos. Very charming.

Thanks, Marge. Stairs - ugh.
DandyDon-- check this place out. I will be there for the 3rd time next weekend. Staying 9 nights, killer breakfast included, all taxes included- right downtown- 1/2 a block from the water-- rooftop swimming pool overlooking the water and sunsets: Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Cozumel - Mexico
Paying $500 for all 9 nights and breakfast and taxes.
Looks okay, altho a 4 more long blocks from Tres Pelicans. I see several prices on their site: $47, 51, 55, or 77 without explanation?

Thanks, Marge. Stairs - ugh.

Looks okay, altho a 4 more long blocks from Tres Pelicans. I see several prices on their site: $47, 51, 55, or 77 without explanation?
I didn't see anything in your original post about diving with 3P- nevertheless, Just select the lowest price offered. It is just how their website is configured. There is no difference in what is offered- unless you get a 2 bedroom suite. Take the biggest discount offered. They have an elevator also. Unless you are married to diving with 3P, Blue Magic is 1 block away and the Aldora Pier where Aldora and Blue XT Sea pick up from is 2 blocks away.

Its been a few years, but I stayed with PapaHogs back in 13. They had a really good breakfast for under $5 a day. Im guessing its gone up a tad, but if Villablanca doesnt include it anymore, its right next door and a quality option.

I stayed with PapaHogs back in 13. They had a really good breakfast for under $5 a day.
I remember the cafe. Nice location, nice view, even some nice bikinis, nice price on cold beer. The cheeseburgers were made with hamburger extender at the same price for an all beef cheeseburger across from the ferry dock, but all in all an ok place.

I enjoyed my week with Papahogs. Though, its been a few years, so I dont know what its like now. Then it was a good location for some off-diving snorkeling and they offered tanks for their local ``reef'' if you wanted to get some extra bottom time. It was an easy walk up to Blue Angel or down to Park Royal and El Cid. Not a bad area if you dont want to hail cabs all week.

I also heard about the ``hamburger'' thought I never tried it. Their fish and chips though was among the best I have had this side of the pond.

I just stayed at Sun Suites Cozumel last week for 5 days. Sun Suites was the old Suites Vima on 10th street and they now have new owners. They have made many improvements and now have small pool,full sized fridge and flat screens in rooms. Rooms are large and super clean as they always have been. I rented 4 rooms and payed $35 single and $40 double. I always pay US cash on arrival and don't know what the price would be on OTA. Hotel is on 10th between 4 and 6 street around the corner from Zermatts Bakery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom