Quiz - Visual Inspection Procedure - True/False 2

New personnel must receive training within one week of hire. True or False

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the SDI/TDI VIP Manual. This applies to the USA as other countries have different regulations.

Chapter Review

Question 2: New personnel must receive training within one week of hire. True or False

This relates to the US Department of Transportation laws.

Please answer and discuss!

From the SDI/TDI VIP Manual. This applies to the USA as other countries have different regulations.

Chapter Review

Question 2: New personnel must receive training within one week of hire. True or False

This relates to the US Department of Transportation laws.

Please answer and discuss!
I guess it is new personal who will do Visual Inspections ?

I guess it is new personal who will do Visual Inspections ?
In the USA, it is any person who works with high pressure air. Personally, I have never seen nor heard of any shop training their personnel for this. The training comes with a within a certain number of days requirement. Is it one week, 90 days, a year or something else? The question above is true/false that the training requirement is within a week.

Voted false. I have no idea-- don't recall reading anything in the materials. Maybe I just forgot.
Logically if someone is certified to do visuals (a cert. technician?), they wouldn't need to get training if they decided to work for another shop. But maybe any employee can do visuals if they receive training? Never thought about it.

False, new personnel must receive training within 90 days of hire.

Here is the quote from the manual:

Training and Warning.

As an inspector you should be aware that the dive shop is responsible for advising its customers about the hazards of handling high-pressure cylinders. The DOT considers high-pressure cylinders to be hazardous material when they contain pressure. Most open water classes barely cover these hazards in a manner that would be defendable in a court in the case of an injury. The law also states that you must provide Hazmat training in safe handling and transport of cylinders within 90 days of exposure to the danger and that the shop must maintain a training record. OSHA requirements also state that refresher training must be completed every three years.

Back
Top Bottom