Raja Ampat on the Samambaia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That seems to be the best route for the Raja Ampat itinerary from what I can tell. Maybe do an overnight there to rest up.

Yup. I'm staying at one of the airports near the hotel for about 36 hours to chill, rest up, and just in case my luggage needs to catch up to me for some reason. Flight leaves for Sorong around 2am, so I'm paying for the extra night, but it's dirt cheap.

Looking forward to your trip report. You can be our test pilot.

8 months is a long way away. I would imagine we get ourselves another guinea pig before then...lol.

Hi all

Allow me to introduce my self, My name is Anita from Samambaia Liveaboard.
It is a pleasure to hear that some of you are interested in Samambaia.

Through my first post, I would like to introduce a little bit about Samambaia Liveaboard.
A little story behind Samambaia, The owner Gian Paolo was a keen diver in the past.
And was a customer on LOB and some dive resorts.
So when he started to build the Phinisi, he designed it through the eyes of customer.
Starting from the quality of the food, comfort of the shower room, the bed, Comfort of diving, comfort of the dinghy which bring you to the dive site.

Onboard Samambaia, we served “valet dive” means that you only bring your mask when you go to the dinghy, the rest of the heavy stuff is taken care by our crew.
Once you step on the dinghy, you will have your own seat and your tank besides you.
Comfy seat and spacious

And we only cater maximum 14 guests. So it wont be too much divers onboard….
Although we are new, the crew member and Dive Master are “frequent player “ around Indonesian Liveaboard.

Probably, if one of you accidentally meeting Samambaia on the sea, it is always welcomed to have a look around the boat to feel the sensation onboard :)
And don't forget to checked our website, because we have a promotion starting from 15% to 20% for July - September 2017.

The website just updated with an interactive itineraries and map.
http://www.samambaia-liveaboard.com/dates-and-prices.html

Cheers :)
Anita

Thanks Anita for that update and welcome to ScubaBoard. I think it's very important that you have joined and are available to answer questions. I look forward to meeting Gian at DEMA.

Last I knew Sorong was in area with malaria so malaria meds recommended. I hadn't started my meds because of the malarone dreams issue (you have vivid dreams and it can impact your sleep). Got to the hotel and thought I was inside and reasonably away from the critters, but then I noticed the hallway windows did not have any screens, so had to kill a few of the buggers in my room. One bite could be the gift that keeps on giving. Not suggesting freak out but consider it

Just booked for liveaboard on Samambaia in Jan 2018! Really looking forward to it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom