Ratio ix3m Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zero issues :wink: We haven't had any complaints on the products, or anything wrong. That being said, they do have a distributor and service center in the US. They are very fast at responding, and you have me behind the product making sure you are taken care of. We only work with manufacturers that we know will take care of us and our customers.

How many have you sold?

How long has it been since you sold the first one?

Looks like one great computer, but no AI = no-go for me. Will wait to see what they do at DEMA.
Yeah, same here. I'm hoping they make with the AI as promised. If so, and if I find evidence of customer service not being horrible I'll probably replace my two petrel computers.

I hope that rechargeable battery doesn't come back to haunt me.

Im not too worried about the battery. Phone batteries last for years and years with 10,000 times the hours used by a dive computer. If the battery life is indeed 40 hours it seems like a total winner to me.

Im not too worried about the battery. Phone batteries last for years and years with 10,000 times the hours used by a dive computer. If the battery life is indeed 40 hours it seems like a total winner to me.
I'm not worried about it wearing out. I'm worried about forgetting to charge it. Non replaceable batteries are something I've successfully avoided in scuba so far. My dive lights use rechargeable but replaceable batteries, same for my camera. My dive computer uses disposable, but I could use rechargeable if I wanted. Even my scubapro computer uses replaceable batts. I've not looked into rechargeable for it, but that's an interesting thought for the transmitter since it seems to eat batteries often.

It might not be an issue at all.. it's just something I haven't had to live with so far.

Actually, my cell phone (and every cell phone I've ever owned) has a replaceable (and rechargeable) battery too. I've replaced the battery on phones in the past in order to get a higher capacity than the one it shipped with.

I used to want rechargeable batteries for everything...until I had to start dragging 5 different chargers on vacation. Went with Shearwater Perdix. No AI but need a PG anyway.

All my batteries are rechargeable anyway, even if they are removable (computer, flashes, can and back-up lights, phones) so my standard post-dive routine is charging, no matter what. Won't be anything different to add the computer to the routine. Honestly, I don't see any advantage to a removable battery. Actually, I would prefer that the device be sealed against all leaks and have internal batteries with a simple plug-in charging procedure (like my iPhone does) without having to open, remove battery(ies), put them on charger, put them back in, close it up, checking o-rings all the time, etc.

How many have you sold?

How long has it been since you sold the first one?

Sold 20ish, first one back in January of this year when we became a dealer.

All my batteries are rechargeable anyway, even if they are removable (computer, flashes, can and back-up lights, phones) so my standard post-dive routine is charging, no matter what. Won't be anything different to add the computer to the routine. Honestly, I don't see any advantage to a removable battery. Actually, I would prefer that the device be sealed against all leaks and have internal batteries with a simple plug-in charging procedure (like my iPhone does) without having to open, remove battery(ies), put them on charger, put them back in, close it up, checking o-rings all the time, etc.
The advantage of removable batteries is that the user can choose rechargeable or disposable, and they can change their mind as they see fit. I don't think I've ever seen anybody post that their shearwater, or scubapro (I'm sure there are many others) computers have flooded though the battery door. I certainly understand some people prefer non-replaceable batteries. I'm just not one of them. I don't like it when things are limited by design, and I've been spoiled by shearwater's battery options.

Even if the battery can't be removed, the thing still has to be charged. It doesn't use wireless charging, so the physical charging port is a leak risk just like a battery door would be.

Sold 20ish, first one back in January of this year when we became a dealer.
Seems pretty good for an extremely expensive and not well advertised product. I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for posts about Ratio computers until they launch that transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom