Read JJ's book - What's all the fuss about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdb:
Not even close Jason, I have a pair of Jets myself-1970 model.

Fair enough.

Here's a question though, is it still doctrine when it's not GUE anymore?

Just curious to see if I'm still a mindless, doctrine zealot if I'm learning it from NAUI, now.

~ Jason

"doctrine" is just a label

everytime you are learning something you could be accused of accepting
"doctrine."

it's a meaningless word

darkpup:
Fair enough.

Here's a question though, is it still doctrine when it's not GUE anymore?

Just curious to see if I'm still a mindless, doctrine zealot if I'm learning it from NAUI, now.

~ Jason

Jason: of course not. Continuing to learn and dive with those divers with more experience and skills is always most important. There is always more to learn.

H2Andy:
"doctrine" is just a label

everytime you are learning something you could be accused of accepting
"doctrine."

it's a meaningless word

Now how does that help me stir the pot? or better yet, flush out the bias?

Plus, he went after Lynne, and Janeane didn't like that much. He's just lucky he wasn't standing too close. Janeane's known for removing apendages when upset. It's a pregnancy thing, and 4 1/2 months without a Helium fix is getting to her.

~ Jason

mdb:
Jason: of course not. Continuing to learn and dive with those divers with more experience and skills is always most important. There is always more to learn.

Well damn, that means I must have missunderstood the point of your post. I hate it when I do that.

What was the point again? The whole doctrine thing?

~ Jason

Some people just love doctrine.

Must be why I wrote "mindless lemming" on the bottoms of my fins.

I guess all the professors I had in mathematics and medical school failed to teach me the concepts of critical thinking :)

mdb:
Some people just love doctrine.
Of course she loves doctrine ... she's a doctor, and that's what doctors do ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Of course she loves doctrine ... she's a doctor, and that's what doctors do ...
:D :D :D

darkpup:
Well damn, that means I must have missunderstood the point of your post. I hate it when I do that.

What was the point again? The whole doctrine thing?

~ Jason

Jason: My comment on doctrine was not aimed @ TS&M. The good Dr. clearly explained herself in that post. I was talking about her comment:

"If somebody's unhappy with DIR because it prescribes how you tie the bolt snaps to your light head, then they've run into some ultra-orthodox practitioners who have the time and energy to get focused on the little things."

I think the best response, so far, is from; NWGD:

"Of course she loves doctrine ... she's a doctor, and that's what doctors do ... "

mdb:
Jason: My comment on doctrine was not aimed @ TS&M. The good Dr. clearly explained herself in that post. I was talking about her comment:

"If somebody's unhappy with DIR because it prescribes how you tie the bolt snaps to your light head, then they've run into some ultra-orthodox practitioners who have the time and energy to get focused on the little things."

I think the best response, so far, is from; NWGD:

"Of course she loves doctrine ... she's a doctor, and that's what doctors do ... "

Ahhh, I get it now. Sorry for my pitbull response.

~ Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom