Read JJ's book - What's all the fuss about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too have just finished reading JJ's book along with Dress for Success - Dan MacKay. Both where every enjoyable to read and I did not seen anything in them that points to the bad rap that DIR has on some boards. I will adopt the things I think are good for the type of diving that I do - long hose, bungied oct. However, I don't plan on getting rid of my dive computer anytime soon!

cyklon_300:
The majority of detractors to DIR seem to base the bulk of their objections on the following:

1. George Irvine has a caustic writing style on the internet

2. The choice of the DIR name can be construed to imply that other approaches are 'wrong'

3. Someone somewhere referred to someone else as a 'stroke'

I think George is probably like that because its got to be hard being 100% correct all the time..(and I'm not being sarcastic either) He's right on the money...all the time..

Leftwinger16:
He's right on the money...all the time..
He's a smart guy, but I wouldn't go that far.

Leftwinger16:
I'm sure George would agree with me on this one :D
I'm sure he would. Still doesn't make it true.

daniel f aleman:
I'm gonna' puke.
To much love in the room for you?

bah, everybody knows that in the history of humanity there's only been one
person who's been right 100% of the time, all the time, perfect from error,
factual blemish, or logical inconsistency of any kind

and that's my wife

I like JJ, met him several times at cave workshops, he's a great diver. I read his book the first day that it was passed around at CDS Gainesville.

But, both he and George "did it wrong", as George has admited in writing, for ten years before they ever got it right. George has been narced so many times that you couldn't even count them. They are both so damn lucky to be alive it's ridiculous.

The way they dived has nothing in common with the way SB wannabes would ever remotely experience.

Read the material, do the classes, but offer your worship elsewhere.

daniel f aleman:
They way they dived has nothing in common with the way SB wannabes would ever remotely experience.

Read the material, do the classes, but offer your worship elsewhere.

other than object to the term "wannabes," i must say you confused me

where should i offer my worship?

or more to the point, why should i offer my worship at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom