Ready to take the plunge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m7scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've finally signed up for my OW class! I'm so excited and can't wait until January 8th to start. The only dive shop in the area is SSI, so I'll be taking their course. Got the bug back in September when I was able to do a couple of resort dives.

ahhh yes...we have turned yet another to the dark side...
enjoy your class and good luck!!

njdiver95:
ahhh yes...we have turned yet another to the dark side...
enjoy your class and good luck!!

Congrats;

I hope to be in the same boat soon.. saving all my money now for classes. Since it's going to be costing me $500 to get my OW it's going to be awhile till I can save that much up. How ever I hear santa is bring me my mask, snorkle and fins.. and hopefully my OW books. I keep telling Ms. Santa what a good boy I've been. Again Congrats and have a great time.. as I was told by a fellow diver... Welcome to a whole new world.

rob :crafty:

m7scuba:
I've finally signed up for my OW class! I'm so excited and can't wait until January 8th to start. The only dive shop in the area is SSI, so I'll be taking their course. Got the bug back in September when I was able to do a couple of resort dives.

Hope you have a great time. Well done!

m7scuba:
Good luck, I just got the same bug too while on vacation. Came back, signed up for classes, a few weeks later BAM, just got my SSI OW certification yesterday afternoon!

A bit of a late post, but.. BIG CONGRATS.. As a DM, there is a huge plus to seeing an new OW student breath underwater for the 1st time. Wide eyes and awe are the norm. I love it... I too got hooked on an island cert. Mine was at Cozumel. Was our second trip there. 1st trip we only snorkeled, saw divers and tried it next time. Have fun and stay safe.....

I'll chime in with the late congrats. Like my friend above, the bug bit me the first time I dropped into open water and hasn't let go yet. Just finished my DM on 11/13, and I'm scheming a way to do an Instructor Development Course this spring.

Every dive gets a little bit better.

Good luck, and safe ascents,
Grier

m7scuba:

Congratulations, my wife and I are right behind you! We should have our cards before Memorial day, doing it all here in Maine with checkouts in the Atlantic while it's still idown ariound 50F at the surface. I got the bug 35 years ago, better late than never!

Pete

http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/poco.html

..........AND HAVE FUN. BTW, don't apologize for SSI, they are very good and the preffered choice of many.

Happy New Year,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom