Real Time Blue Manta Review: Banda Sea 9 – 19 Sept 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear it. Anyone have photos? I need an indo fix badly.

Here's an indo fix for you.

RIMG0165.JPG

Woohoo!!!

Some of the rooms are smelley sometimes. We do have (I'll call it) an emitter - it hisses out every hour or so and it's fragrance. At the start of the trip I thought it was too much. now I think we're getting the worst of it. its not all the time though.

You have thoroughly convinced me that this boat is not for me, regardless room size.

You have thoroughly convinced me that this boat is not for me, regardless room size.

I spent a week on this boat in Komodo the end of August and loved it. Wait to hear the full review when they are done instead of focusing on some mishaps. The fact that they’re able to post this in the middle of the ocean in Indonesia is pretty cool and the WiFi is reasonable at $30 for the trip. The crew and the service was top-notch, we had an awesome trip.

And for anyone contemplating this boat, some tips. Request an upper deck cabin, no extra charge and you have an exterior door and large window and long rail outside to hang your stuff to dry. There are 6 upper deck cabins and can be configured and single or double. Also, only 10% single supplement and you get the same size room as a double, not smaller. Here re some pics of my room and common areas-

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Ok, tell me about the food again? Heehee

Forgot to mention there’s no charge for soft drinks and you can see in the bar picture that there’s always bags of snacks out like potato chips and nuts so if you don’t like Indo food, you can survive on Coke and chips. :wink:

Some of the rooms are smelley sometimes. We do have (I'll call it) an emitter - it hisses out every hour or so and it's fragrance. At the start of the trip I thought it was too much. now I think we're getting the worst of it. its not all the time though.

What kind of smell are we talking? Diesel, musty/mildew, sewage......something else?

:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom