Real Time Blue Manta Review: Banda Sea 9 – 19 Sept 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strange. He was my DM for the week and I was the least experienced of the group of 4, the 3 others had over 2,000 dives each and one is an instructor. We had a great experience and he was pointing out all the cool little critters for my friend who is a serious photographer.

FYI I was in Komodo, not Banda Sea. Sorry to hear about your ear Dan.

Reactions: Dan
Houston, we have a problem.

4882DE24-08D2-49B1-ACEC-5B488917814E.jpeg

Please tell me that is not one of the dive dinghies from the Blue Manta and that it belongs to another boat in a remote region of Indonesia. What happened????:facepalm:

You guys are not really selling the Blue Manta trip right now :p

Strange. He was my DM for the week and I was the least experienced of the group of 4, the 3 others had over 2,000 dives each and one is an instructor. We had a great experience and he was pointing out all the cool little critters for my friend who is a serious photographer.

He now is guiding 3 experienced divers & Egoi guiding 5 less experienced divers. This seems to work much better. My less experienced buddy started to enjoy the diving.

Batman learned the lesson. He’d jump into the water with fins & mask to check the current & location. He would direct the zodiac driver to a better location for us to backroll Into.

Houston, we have a problem.

Oh NO!! That sucks!!! Especially out in the middle of no-where.
Loving this real-time trip report!!
Hope the diving conditions clear up for you guys and that you get luck with some hammers!!

Please tell me that is not one of the dive dinghies from the Blue Manta and that it belongs to another boat in a remote region of Indonesia. What happened????:facepalm:

You guys are not really selling the Blue Manta trip right now :p

When it rains, it pours. They have 2 skiffs & 2 zodiacs. Now it’s down to 2 working zodiacs & 1 skiff. Water entry would be a bit slower for 21 divers. No morning, before breakfast diving for today. We go directly to the full breakfast. It’ll be a bit helpful for my nagging ear.

When it rains, it pours. They have 2 skiffs & 2 zodiacs. Now it’s down to 1 working zodiac & 2 skiff. Water entry would be a bit slower for 21 divers. No morning, before breakfast diving for today. We go directly to the full breakfast. It’ll be a bit helpful for my nagging ear.

They should give you guys a credit for basically not being able to do that morning dive - either credited towards payment for nitrox or on-board accounting from beer/wine/purchases. It wasn't due to weather or anything and it was a call they made due to something of theirs malfunctioning aka sinking........Considering how much that sailing is, missing a dive is significant. Also, maybe you can ask if you guys can make that dive up on another day when you guys don't have to do a longer crossing. I would push for it if I were you. You have to be your own advocate!

I’m back! My ear is equalizing nicely after taking a good rest, a couple Clarinase pills last night & full breakfast before the morning dive. Best Dive so fat in NW Nyata. :D

Back
Top Bottom