Rebreather course in Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duy Nguyen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
guys,

Do you know any dive shop that teach the rebreather course with renting out the rebreather?I asked a few place but they require you to buy everything at once. (You need to buy your rebreather at the time of the class).

The only shop in houston that I know of that does CCR courses is Oceanic Ventures. There are probably some independent instructors around as well, but they likely won't have rental units. You will probably have to expand your search area. Florida is your best bet.

-Chris

OVI has a number of rental units and a number of different instructors. WHat specifically are you interested in?

The only shop in houston that I know of that does CCR courses is Oceanic Ventures. There are probably some independent instructors around as well, but they likely won't have rental units. You will probably have to expand your search area. Florida is your best bet.

-Chris

Thanks Chris.

OVI has a number of rental units and a number of different instructors. WHat specifically are you interested in?

Thanks. I am interested in thr Prism 2 . Do you know any place that has them?

Thanks. I am interested in thr Prism 2 . Do you know any place that has them?
I do not. Chris may. The guy who did moved to Hawaii.

I called. They dont have any unit for rents.

Tom is well worth tracking down in Hawaii. If he can be convinced to train again.

Diver of his prism topaz,
Cameron
I had no clue you were that Cameron.

I don't know of any Prism people in the area any more. When it was on my list of units I was looking at going to California or Florida for training. As it is, I ended up going to Florida and Hawaii for my SF2 training. Like I said, expand your search area. The cost will probably only be negligibly different, and you'll get to pick your trainer based on ability rather than location.

Actually there is a guy in Freeport (?) that dives a Prism, but as far as I know he isn't an instructor.

-Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom