Rebuild kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetweld

New
Reaction score
How it going everyone. This new guy has a question. I have a Sportsway waterlung 200 that is in need of a new diaphram. I saw a post on here from 2012 about a 75mm off ebay being trimmed down to 74mm and it worked. Wanted to know if there are anymore suggestions or recommendations.
Thanks.
20180217_102021_Film3_1518891654890.jpg

Wasn't me but we were talking about possibly making some on VDH but it's on the back burner for now.

Wasn't me but we were talking about possibly making some on VDH but it's on the back burner for now.

Someone was discussing a material that's available that's good for making diaphragms but it may or may not have been recently--it might have been a search of old posts.

In any case thanks for the response!

I also recall a thread I read recently where some people were buying a slightly larger diaphragm and cutting it to size, with satisfactory results. I would not know personally because the only regulator I have that does not work is an old Sportsways diaphragm regulator. Piston regulators I can fix as long as I can find the parts. So far.

I suggest you try searching for those threads and meanwhile I'll see if I can find it on my "recent activity."

Later that day....
Here's one of the threads I'd read:

HP Seats

It mentions a material and a source but I'm not sure how much help it might be. Hopefully the folks who know will chime in.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the responses everyone. I looked it up on google. Thats how i even came across this forum.
Someone was buying and 75mm diaphram and trimming it. The thread was from 2012. I went alllllllll the way back and could not find it.

Going to check out northeast scuba and see what they have. Thanks again eveyone

There was a discussion about making diaphragms for 1st Stages in the DIY section.

1st Stage Diaphragm: Replace or Re-Use?

2nd Stage diaphragms are more complex: dome shaped and usually have a plate under the centre to take the friction from the lever. Maybe VDH carries diaphragms for another reg of the same size ?

In the absence of a reproduction replacement, buying a bigger size and using the body as the cookie cutter shape and a box cutter knife to trim would seem like the best option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom