Rec EXP wing suitable for singles and doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is totally false, unless the EXP is much smaller than the previous rec wings. I have a rec wing and it's definitely NOT a single tank wing, although with the bungie you could easily make do for a few dives. It's even too big for my double 72s, might be perfect for double HP100s or AL80s. Dive rite tends to recommend far bigger wings than is really necessary.

My suggestion for the OP would be to look for an earlier rec wing for your doubles; I got mine for $170 because the silk screening was a little off. Check caveadventurers.com, they usually have some great deals. Then, you might see if NESS still has any of the EXP travel wings left for $170, another silk screening/color issue. Then you'd have both wings for less than the cost of a single halcyon wing.

One thing about the flat panel size for doubles; it doesn't have to be bigger than the footprint of the tanks to fully inflate, just as big as the backplate. Any part of the bladder that's outside the edge of the plate will inflate fine.

The Rec EXP wing has 50lbs of lift and the Rec wing has 51lbs of lift, according to the Dive Rite website.
the rec exp is shorter than the reg rec wing made for shorter people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom