Recent double hose reg training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rx7diver : I just run an independent (pony), also with a spare QD for DS.

Yes, your approach seems solid--provided you follow the "rule" emphasized when I first began diving the Great Lakes (using a single tank with a single 1st stage): Don't inhale, inflate your BC, and inflate your drysuit simultaneously! And don't inhale and inflate your DSMB/liftbag simultaneously. Moreover, your approach allows the DH can to be located optimally, too.

(One distinct advantage of the two Poseidon's on a Y-valve is, they can be moved from the single cylinder directly to manifolded doubles or back-mounted independent doubles without having to change anything around whatsoever--except maybe add a second SPG in the case of independent doubles. Of course, hose lengths optimized for doubles won't be optimum for a single, but they'll still work well enough.)

rx7sig

One distinct advantage of the two Poseidon's on a Y-valve is, they can be moved from the single cylinder directly to manifolded doubles or back-mounted independent doubles without having to change anything around whatsoever--except maybe add a second SPG in the case of independent doubles. Of course, hose lengths optimized for doubles won't be optimum for a single, but they'll still work well enough.

I just get more regs... :surrender:

(New) science of Skin and SCUBA Diving

no interest -- deleted

@Sam Miller III,

The bibliographic info from my copy is:

"The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving, 6th Edition"
Editor: Robert W. Smith, Chairman, CNCA [The Council for National Cooperation in Aquatics]
Copyright 1985, 1980, 1974, 1962, 1957, CNCA
GV840.S78N48 1985 797.2'3 85-13664
ISBN 0-8329-0399-X

Regards,

rx7diver

Two older books that I have in my library are:

Barada, Bill, "Let's Go Diving, Illustrated Diving Manual," U.S. Divers Company, 1962 (fourth printing, 1965).

Cross, E.R., "Underwater Safety, Instruction Manual," printed by Healthways, 1954, 1955, 1956.

Both are excellent manuals. But, remember that the diving tables in all these manuals are pretty old, and that you should use the newest U.S. Navy diving tables for all your actual diving if you don't use a dive computer.

SeaRat

But, remember that the diving tables in all these manuals are pretty old, and that you should use the newest U.S. Navy diving tables for all your actual diving if you don't use a dive computer.

Wait! I thought you absolutely had to use the old tables, and the old rules, if you use classic gear. No?

rx7diver

No. There's been a lot of research in the last 50 years.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom