Recent experience with Delta Customer Service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buffalo's runway was plenty long and the airline has scheduled flights and contract maintenace in Buffalo. No maintenance in Niagara, plus no charts for the pilots for Niagara.

I think commercial flight manuals have charts of all major airports. Niagara falls has a fully operational commercial terminal. But yes, nothing under contract.
Rochester is 8,001 feet, Buffalo is 8,827 feet, and Niagara Falls is 9,829 feet. I guess it would depend on how much flap they where able to get and what the gross weight was. But if they where worried enough to get the extra 800 feet, why not go for 1,800 feet extra. But anyway, they landed safe regardless.

I think commercial flight manuals have charts of all major airports. Niagara falls has a fully operational commercial terminal. But yes, nothing under contract.
Rochester is 8,001 feet, Buffalo is 8,827 feet, and Niagara Falls is 9,829 feet. I guess it would depend on how much flap they where able to get and what the gross weight was. But if they where worried enough to get the extra 800 feet, why not go for 1,800 feet extra. But anyway, they landed safe regardless.

No we only have charts for airports which we fly to or are alternate airports. I fly for an airline and we don't have Niagara in our charts. To have every airport would be prohibitively heavy to carry around. Also you have to have an approved maintenace contractor at the airport if you want to fix it, which Niagara did not have for that airline. You also have to take into account weather at each airport, exact runway conditions, rescue/firefighting equipment, and the ability to reroute your passengers if needed....all those things are better at Buffalo vs Niagara.

There's about 20 variables the pilots had to decide on between buffalo and Rochester and niagara. Most you would not think of unless you do it for a living. Niagara might have 1500 feet more runway, but do you go to a 10000 ft runway with poor braking action reports or s 8500 ft runway with good/fair braking action reports ?

..." What's even more hilarious is that a guy who took 2-3 other airlines into backrupcy and/or nonexistence can get a job as another airline CEO because he has "experience"

... kinda like getting a job in Congress! :shocked2:

I stopped flying Delta years ago. At one time it had excellent service, but that is now as extinct as the dinosaurs. Continental has been good to me as has Air Tran (and the tickets are very reasonable).

... kinda like getting a job in Congress! :shocked2:

Why stop there? You can go all the way to the presidency without experience! :shakehead:

Corporate America has been on a downhill slide for years. It is just recently being brought to the forefront. How is it somebody that has no experience in an industry can move into a job as CEO? Don't know where Delta's CEO came from but I would almost bet it wasn't from someplace within the Airline industry! Sad really.

This thought reminds me of the US president:mooner:

Last thing I want to do is say something positive about Delta, however if you are going to deride someone's qualifications or experience you should at least have your facts correct;

Here is the CV of Richard H. Anderson, current CEO of Delta (20 years experience in aviation)
Delta Airlines CEO (2007--)
UnitedHealth Group EVP (2004-07)
UnitedHealth Group CEO of Ingenix (2004-07)
Northwest Airlines CEO (2001-04)
Northwest Airlines EVP (1998-2001)
Northwest Airlines Senior VP Technical Operations (1996-98)
Northwest Airlines Senior VP Labor Relations (1994-96)
Northwest Airlines VP and Deputy General Counsel (1990-94)
Continental Airlines VP and Deputy Counsel (1987-90)

Last thing I want to do is say something positive about Delta, however if you are going to deride someone's qualifications or experience you should at least have your facts correct;

Here is the CV of Richard H. Anderson, current CEO of Delta (20 years experience in aviation)
Delta Airlines CEO (2007--)
UnitedHealth Group EVP (2004-07)
UnitedHealth Group CEO of Ingenix (2004-07)
Northwest Airlines CEO (2001-04)
Northwest Airlines EVP (1998-2001)
Northwest Airlines Senior VP Technical Operations (1996-98)
Northwest Airlines Senior VP Labor Relations (1994-96)
Northwest Airlines VP and Deputy General Counsel (1990-94)
Continental Airlines VP and Deputy Counsel (1987-90)

What I posted was:

"Don't know where Delta's CEO came from but I would almost bet it wasn't from someplace within the Airline industry! Sad really."

I stand corrected. The entire post was intended to make a point about corporate America in general, not Delta in particular. I think his resume illustrates my point, United health group doesn't fit in the Aviation industry yet he was a CEO and an EVP there.

I was part of a group of 19 who got screwed by Delta on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010, when our flight from Baltimore to Atlanta was canceled the night before. We therefore were unable to connect with the Delta Atlanta to Bonaire flight -- spent the week at home in Baltimore rather than in Bonaire.

Back
Top Bottom