"Recent Visitors" or Stalkers?

How often will you view Public Profiles now that visitors are ID'd?

• Less often.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • About the same.

Votes: 100 63.3%
  • More often.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, It does not stop me from looking at a members profile .. it's a public profile after all ... ... but it did take a little getting used to the idea

(not stalking you PrincessE, honest :wink:

Thanks Dave. Now I am obsessed with checking to see whose checking me out. I was never paranoid before now.

I fell like Dave does, not quite right. One thing that El Orans pointed out though, you can always log out and stalk anonymously... :wink:

Oh what a great idea. Sooo I can still stalk in secret.

so im figure some people are happy to be stalked as long as they dont know they are being stalked whereas now you can see them stalking you

and im always looking at members profiles - im stalking all ten thousand members in my spare time :lotsalove:

It will not change my behavior but I'd get rid of it.

What's the point of having a public profile if you don't expect/want people to view it?

If people are that worried about visitors then maybe there shouldn't be profiles at all!!! (that's not a serious suggestion...)

What's the point of having a public profile if you don't expect/want people to view it?

If people are that worried about visitors then maybe there shouldn't be profiles at all!!! (that's not a serious suggestion...)

The Public Profile is a great way to share some personal info with anyone who's interested.

The question is about whether showing the ID of those interested will inhibit them.

At least it doesn't show repeat visits....or does it? That could look bad for someone with a memory as bad as mine.... :11:

Dave C

I don't much like it either. I find it fascinating to look at other's profiles to learn more about who they are, where they live and what kind of diving they do. It helps to put a context around their posts. However, I have found myself doing it less now that I know I'll be a "documented visitor."

EDIT: To try and work through this, I've visited the profiles of all of the above posters. Still feels a bit strange, but I think I can get used to it. :D

I think just a simple profile view counter would suffice rather than the names. it just feels too intrusive to me.

and remember, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom