"Recent Visitors" or Stalkers?

How often will you view Public Profiles now that visitors are ID'd?

• Less often.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • About the same.

Votes: 100 63.3%
  • More often.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..I mean look at other pages. Actually, I think half the time I visit someone's page it is accidental. I go to click on a thread and click just below it and get directed to the poster.

SURE:no: Like we are going to believe that one, Steve!!!:poke:

Actually this thread made me hesitate to check anyone's profile anymore, to avoid the late night knock on my door by the:police:>>>:whack:>>>>:jail:

Never know who has a thin skin these days.

Actually this thread made me hesitate to check anyone's profile anymore, to avoid the late night knock on my door by the:police:>>>:whack:>>>>:jail:

Never know who has a thin skin these days.
You can always copy the URL to the profile, log out and paste the URL in your browser. You will then see the profile as a guest, your user name will not be registered.

This also means that you will see the profile the way the member intended it. (Yes, I've seen some pretty obnoxious colour schemes... :shocked:)
If you are logged in you can choose to ignore the user set colour scheme.

Oh great El !!!! Lets teach the stalkers how to do it without getting caught.

You can always copy the URL to the profile, log out and paste the URL in your browser. You will then see the profile as a guest, your user name will not be registered.

This also means that you will see the profile the way the member intended it. (Yes, I've seen some pretty obnoxious colour schemes... :shocked:)
If you are logged in you can choose to ignore the user set colour scheme.

"Easier" way is to have multiple browsers, one with you logged in, one without.

Not that I do that or would even consider it :angel:

Oh great El !!!! Lets teach the stalkers how to do it without getting caught.
I consider the profile page public information.

If you don't want to share it, you should not post it (whether it's images or text).

Personally, I wouldn't put anything there that would cause me problems or embarrassment if my family or manager would stumble upon it.

YMMV.

Thank you, El Orans. Now I've got another skill that can only end up leading me FURTHER astray.

Repeat after me: "I swear I am not a police oficer, and I am not trying to entrap you".

You are right: one should never post any information about them selves anywhere on the Internet that they do not want everyone to know

Thank you, El Orans. Now I've got another skill that can only end up leading me FURTHER astray.
You're welcome. :)

BTW, shall I ban you now or do you want me to wait until the complaints are posted? :evil:

You're welcome. :)

BTW, shall I ban you now or do you want me to wait until the complaints are posted? :evil:

Why wait? Avoid the rush!

EVENTUALLY I am sure I will really p#@@ someone off. Consider it a prophylactic banning?

Back
Top Bottom