Rechargeable batteries for light???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new LED light that is very bright with NEW alkaline batteries, but dims noticeably after a couple of dives. I'm thinking of switching to rechargeable lithium batteries. From what I've read, the power of lithium batteries will "fall off" much more slowly than with alkaline batteries. And if I use rechargeable lithiums I can recharge them after each dive trip and have virtually new batteries for the next trip. I plan to use them in an "Inovatech Torch" light that takes 3 AAA size batteries.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

If you mean Intova, then I would highly recommend you don't! I bought a New Intova Mini Torch LED Scuba Diving Light - 220 Lumens, After initial batteries died I used Rechargeable lithium, and they shorted out the Light! I went back to their site, and they actually warn about using rechargeables, something I would have never thought would have been an issue in a million years! Long story short it was a great little light for about three dives and now is completely useless!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom