Rechargeable CR-V3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was unaware they were a higher voltage. The math was not necessary but thanks anyway. P=IE is an old friend of mine. :)

herman:
P=IE is an old friend of mine. :)
Mine too ... I'm particularly fond of pecan, a la mode ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I bought the Moby's as well. During a week in Little Cayman I used the same battery for 3 dives a day, and took in excess of 100 pix most days, most with the on board flash and never drained the things. Also had no shutter lag at the end of the day. I love em.

Now, if you find a Li-Ion CRV3 battery that does 3.7v output, it would be 154% more "efficient". So, the same 1700 battery would be equal to 2669 mAh AA's (again given if NiMH and Li-Ion were equal).

But can SP350 accepts a 3.7 volt of CRV3?
thx

See my post above. Works great.

sunkarm:
Now, if you find a Li-Ion CRV3 battery that does 3.7v output, it would be 154% more "efficient". So, the same 1700 battery would be equal to 2669 mAh AA's (again given if NiMH and Li-Ion were equal).

But can SP350 accepts a 3.7 volt of CRV3?
thx

Shouldn't be a problem, but you never know until you try it. :D

I'm glad this topic came up. I was considering getting my wife on of the sp-350 camera. She wants something easy to use that takes good pics using just the white balance for when we are in bonaire in june. But i read a lot about the battery problems with the cams. I thought you were stuck using AA's. Is the battery that comes with the camera a rechargable or a throw away?

Larry C:
I got mine locally from RadioShack. They were overpriced at $59.95 for one battery and a charger, but they work real well. I get 2-3 dives plus viewing time and topside use without a problem. I've seen them more recently on sale at $39.95 and $19.95 for a second battery, which I bought. I've also bought other batteries from Thomas Dist. and real good luck as well. Last week I tried my rechargeable AA's when I forgot to bring a spare battery with me to work. The camera wouldn't even turn on. (I haven't done the battery voltage sensor download). Whatever R-CRV-3's you get, make sure you cycle them a few times. You don't get full charge life till you have.

Stand alone battery is 19.97 (clearenced)
battery and charger is 39.97 (also clearenced)

Last night I charged some 2600 MAH batteries and used them with the flash. I got about 40 photos before it started to go. That was with the flash toned down. There is no question that the lithium batteries are a wise investment.

When I was in Fiji a few weeks ago I didn't take chances, so I used the disposable lithium that came with the camera. I used the Magic Filters (no flash) so the batteries lasted through 10 dives.

Back
Top Bottom