Recommendations for Diving in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend Dive Dojo in Puerto Galera, the beauty of Puerto Galera is that all the dive sites are within a 5 -10 minute boat ride, and there are a lot of dive sites to suit every style of diving...

Hi Tom,

For Puerto Galera in Mindoro check out Frontier Divers, Capt'n Greggs
For Bohol Genesis Divers
For Coron Busuanga Discovery Divers
For El Nido Palawan Divers
For Dumangete Atlantis Resort
For Apo Reef the "Apo Reef Club" in Mondoro or Dugong Dive Center in Busuanga
For Live aboard diving Scuba World expedition fleet.

All the best
Gunter

Glad to see you here, Gunter! Welcome to PPD. :wink:

Another choice for liveaboard; Home - Liveaboard Scuba Diving in the Philippines and Palau .
Always gets great reviews in the scuba magazine liveaboard editions.
Puerto Galera has the most varied diving in the Philippines. In 2005 my wife and I dove with Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers, and had a great time!
Anilao is another popular dive area. Welcome to Aqua Venture Reef Club! Live out a real diver's dream at Aquaventure Reef Club, Anilao, Batangas -- Luzon's premiere watersport haven and family resort. .
Both are a two hour drive south of Manila, with an additional 45 min boat ride for Puerto Galera.
2008 had us in Mactan Is. diving with dive shops the Lapu-Lapu city shop. We also went to Bohol and dove with Baywatch divers, (sorry no web site). Try Isis Bungalows - Welcome to Isis Bungalows .
You were concerned about everyone saying good things, but no reviews? I always say: YOU CAN'T GO WRONG DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES!

Choose a place with the finest coral reefs that you can find. This is what the Coral Triangle is all about and will not last forever.

Southern Leyte is supposed to be good. Bohol has some nice corals. Apo island is good also. Best corals I have seen are in remote places in Mindanao.

Bring a camera and enjoy the beauty of the Philippine reefs.

Hope you have a great time.

It really depends on exactly what your looking for, if your looking for both night life and diving your choices become a lot more limited but if your really looking for great diving then your options really open up.... There are so many choices and many of them have already been listed, do a search on the forum for very good frank discussions..

Quick question guys, how's the vis during Nov - Dec? Any particular place where there's great vis during these months?

Quick question guys, how's the vis during Nov - Dec? Any particular place where there's great vis during these months
In our experience, best places are always away from river sources and on the ocean side of islands.

Again, I understand that southern leyte has excellent reefs and can have good viz.

The area also benefits from lack of mass divers who can/do can wreck corals.

If you are a very serious diver with slightly deeper pockets and you have a sense of adventure, then talk to Chris Dearne in General Santos about Kiamba and Maitum. Maitum is off the beaten track and has the finest reefs and reef life we have ever seen anywhere - as good as it gets.

These areas have been naturally protected from humans as they are in conflict affected areas, but safe to travel and dive with Chris.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom